Menu

Anyone want to join me for a pity party?

I'm hosting today. I've got my favorite wine and some homemade ginger snaps. I'll even put up streamers and blow up some balloons.

Dad is still in the hospital in ICU. He's getting worse, not better. I didn't find out until yesterday that 3 days worth of health update texts that were suppposed to be going to my uncle have been going to my friend with the same first name. I felt so stupid, I cried for 2 hours yesterday. Thank goodness my clients weren't home to watch that nightmare.

I have double the work load right now with people needing extra house cleanings. These were scheduled weeks ago. I can't get out of them. My BIL has to be out of the house my MIL abandoned in 5 weeks. He's disabled. That means I am needed to go through everything she left behind and organize the move.

Soccer season is starting and I'm team mom. Don't ask. The first game is this Saturday. We don't have a game time yet or jerseys. Awesome.

I got a ticket today for not completely stopping at an intersection. He could have been cool because I haven't had a ticket in 20 years. Nope. They have a quota. And he kept telling me to drive safe... drive safe.... (JAWM on this one. I didn't deserve the flaming ticket.)

I'm still doing school with the kids because I need something to keep my mind occupied. I'm hormonal and I feel like I'm losing my mind.

So, I have to wait until I get home from the hospital tonight to dip into that wine. I usually limit myself to only one glass a night. Tonight will have no limit. :001_smile:

You all are free to join me. Share your tales of woe here.

:grouphug:

I now have tendinitis in my Achilles to go with the severe arthritis in my foot and tendinitis in my arch (post tubular tendon) can not walk without pain. I took a pain pill (prescribed) and had an adverse reaction. Insult to injury! I will not join you in a glass of wine (just sips of water) but you can drink one for me!

I now have tendinitis in my Achilles to go with the severe arthritis in my foot and tendinitis in my arch (post tubular tendon) can not walk without pain. I took a pain pill (prescribed) and had an adverse reaction. Insult to injury! I will not join you in a glass of wine (just sips of water) but you can drink one for me!

Well, the rules of a pity party are if you can't drink, you get more sweets. Does that work for ya?:tongue_smilie: Sorry you're in pain. That is truly miserable. Can you try a different kind of medication for relief?

:grouphug::grouphug:

I can't believe you got the ticket. :glare:

I had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday, so have a drink for me. I have pain killers. Everything is hilarious until I get sleepy and I drop off to sleep.

Aw, thanks for agreeing with me. Really, I should have gotten a warning. Every one thinks so. :)

I hope your mouth heals fast!

Dang, girl, I'll fill your glass again. :grouphug:

My dh used drain cleaner tonight and about gagged me. I'm sensitive to chemicals and this one was particularly nasty. At least the drain is open now.

I'm out of alcohol, so I'll bring frozen lemonade. Maybe we can get something to add to the lemonade.

Dang, girl, I'll fill your glass again. :grouphug:

My dh used drain cleaner tonight and about gagged me. I'm sensitive to chemicals and this one was particularly nasty. At least the drain is open now.

I'm out of alcohol, so I'll bring frozen lemonade. Maybe we can get something to add to the lemonade.

I've got some vodka stashed in the cabinet. That goes good with lemonade. Is it cool enough to open the windows? It's still 100 here. Ugh. Hey. Add that to my list of complaints. :lol:

I am feeling better after a shower (to hide the crying). And I get to see my dad now, for a little bit. I hope he's awake. And grumpy. Grumpy means he's not tooo sick. Grumpy would be good.

I've got some vodka stashed in the cabinet. That goes good with lemonade. Is it cool enough to open the windows? It's still 100 here. Ugh. Hey. Add that to my list of complaints. :lol:

I am feeling better after a shower (to hide the crying). And I get to see my dad now, for a little bit. I hope he's awake. And grumpy. Grumpy means he's not tooo sick. Grumpy would be good.

We could use the vodka as an astringent. Do you have cotton balls. Then we could play a game, pin the cotton tale on the..., um, I don't know, do you have any rabbit puzzles.

:grouphug: I hope your dad is grumpy. :grouphug:

wow, your day/week/month makes my day sound like a good one . . . dd turned 20 today but last night was reaming me again about what a bad mom I am. Really? Still? I dont do anything for her . . ok, what about these things? those things arent important. I asked her to stop trolling my fb page and she said she'd have to defriend me . . . .

i have a 7 mo old knee injury which wont get better - i've been going up the stairs one at a time for 7 months, sleeping w a pillow under it, etc . . . and NOT cleaning or gardening . . . and now i have a broken toe which i broke and rebroke and rebroke again . .so now i HAVE to wear the stupid post-op shoe which I HATE, just so I dont rebreak it again . .. i couldnt find my codeine last night but luckily found it this morning . . . i dont have the focus to get the lessons planned and obviously not the deep cleaning . . i've been complianing about all this for days

but really, compared to you, i have no problems

sorry!!

Edit: I typed this before I read Kalah's update. I'm so sorry your dad is not making the improvement you'd like to see. I'm keeping you and him in my thoughts.

I'll leave what I typed, in case anyone wants to read it. (I know I always get a little weirded out when I know I've read something and it disappears.) But none of my concerns feel important compared to Kalah's.

You definitely beat me in terms of ick at the moment.

However, I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself, too.

Money is tight, very tight. We've cut back on lots of the kids' activities and adjusted as many of the household bills as we can without major restructuring. But we're still broke all the time. My husband and I react to this situation differently. I go into economize, let's-be-creative-and-get-through-this mode, but he just gets unpleasant.

Yesterday was his birthday, which is always stressful around here, since neither I nor the kids have ever been able to give him the day he apparently wants but won't tell us he wants. And, since he never thinks anything is fun or good enough unless it involves money, and we don't have any to spare at the moment, and both my daughter and I have colds and felt lousy, and both kids had places they had to be for part of the day . . . Well, I'll let you imagine how much fun that was.

Then, when the kids and I finally just got out of his way -- I took my son with me to drop off my daughter at work, figuring we'd hang out at Panera and talk about school -- my car conked out on us. I've known for several days that the clutch was probably going, but my husband seemed to want me to limp it along as long as I could. So, I did, and it got us as far as my daughter's dance school/internship and then stopped moving.

I got the repair estimate today: $1,300. This will have to go on a credit card, while means that we probably won't be able to make good on the promise we gave our daughter last Christmas of a trip to NYC, after all. (We'd been talking for the last couple of weeks about just using the card to finance the trip, because both of us feel awful about how much we've already delayed.)

We found out today that the co-op classes my son wanted to take have been scheduled on a day we can't attend. And, because my daughter was going to teach a drama class at the end of that same day, she has lost that gig. (It was unpaid, but good experience.)

At this point, I cannot imagine how we're going to do much of anything for Christmas.

I spend a lot of time fantasizing about taking my dog and running away from home for a while. But, of course, I can't actually afford to do that.

On the plus side, we had a pretty good first day of school, even though I did have to squeeze it in around calling the repair shop and my husband and all of that. And we have nowhere to go tomorrow, meaning I may actually have time to make a real dinner. And I found two of the DVDs I wanted for school at the library this afternoon.

I'm trying really hard to focus on that last paragraph.

Edited by Jenny in Florida

:grouphug::grouphug: for you too Jenny. I'd like to tell you that I search out your posts on homeschooling on a budget and creating your own curriculum as inspiration for my own (future) homeschooling. I hope you have a better day

tomorrow.

:grouphug::grouphug: Kalah, I will pray for your father and keep you in my thoughts. :grouphug:

I'm sorry, Kalah :grouphug: I know my parents are closer to that than I want to admit. It scares me.

I'll not contribute to the pity party, other than to say that I'm weaning off my steroids, so now I'm coughing more. Yippee.

And I'm thinking about starting to drink Mike's. But instead I just had a bowl of cereal to go with my nightly hot-flash-in-a-pill.:glare:

You all really do make me feel better. And really, don't feel bad about complaining because you think my lot is worse. It's all bad. And not fair. Money problems were a couple years ago for us. Relationships are tough and add money woes on top of them, well, I completely understand.

I will try again tomorrow. I hope for good news in the morning. He was sleeping for the first time in 2 days, so hopefully his body will heal a bit. And maybe the doctors will have some answers.

:grouphug::grouphug: for all of us. It's been a tough day. I'm glad it's over. That's the good thing about terrible days. They always end at midnight. :001_smile:

A Pity Party, yay! Finally a place where I fit in.

Well, my oldest two just moved away to college. That was supposed to be about the worst thing ever for me. But my ten year old topped that by going into ICU and being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. His blood sugar was 715. He is out of the hospital and doing better now, but doing better means giving him 4 shots a day and pricking his finger upwards of 6 times a day. Of course, after that, I told my DH that the oldest two could tell me they were moving to Africa, and I would just wave out the door to them. And of couse, I still haven't unpacked from having to evacuate from Hurricane Issac. But diabetes made a hurricane and the possibility of losing my home --again--seem like no big deal.

I've got lots of self-pity, but right now it's because I was up off and on all night with a projectile vomiting 2yo. And every so often, in between real vomits, he'd wake me to tell me he had to throw up and then when I got the bucket in place, he'd pretend to spit in it and laugh at me. :glare: Apparently, my mad scramble for the light and the bucket was entertaining.

You definitely beat me in terms of ick at the moment.

However, I've been feeling pretty sorry for myself, too.

Money is tight, very tight. We've cut back on lots of the kids' activities and adjusted as many of the household bills as we can without major restructuring. But we're still broke all the time. My husband and I react to this situation differently. I go into economize, let's-be-creative-and-get-through-this mode, but he just gets unpleasant.

Yesterday was his birthday, which is always stressful around here, since neither I nor the kids have ever been able to give him the day he apparently wants but won't tell us he wants. And, since he never thinks anything is fun or good enough unless it involves money, and we don't have any to spare at the moment, and both my daughter and I have colds and felt lousy, and both kids had places they had to be for part of the day . . . Well, I'll let you imagine how much fun that was.

On the plus side, we had a pretty good first day of school, even though I did have to squeeze it in around calling the repair shop and my husband and all of that. And we have nowhere to go tomorrow, meaning I may actually have time to make a real dinner. And I found two of the DVDs I wanted for school at the library this afternoon.

I'm trying really hard to focus on that last paragraph.

My dh is irritable, he says all he does is work. (leaving out my response). Our TV is dying. He watches TV, I hope it doesn't die before our 20 year anniversary next month, because I don't really want a TV and I still need more books for school.

I told him I'd like to take ds to a real Japanese restaurant for our anniversary, yes, if we eat out we're taking the boy. The best one is too expensive. I did look last night and found a few options that were closer and probably cheaper, but I didn't mention it to dh yet.

Nothing in my life is ever completely done. It drives me crazy. I have this hidden fear that I will die or go completely insane before ds graduates high school, so homeschooling through high school will never be finished either.