Menu

Two questions about Audible, please

One, can i download books to my regular Kindle and get a real human voice? Or will it be that tinny, fake voice that is used to read aloud regular downloads?

Two, what should my first choice be! Would love somethng to do with Ancient Historythat both boys would love. Thanks!!

The books from Audible play on the Kindle just as they would on an MP3 player. This was a super and surprising recent discovery for us here!

Not really as educational as I would like to report, but my kids are enjoying The Red Pyramid, book one in The Kane Chronicles. Ancient Egypt and all that. :D Audible does have some good Greek myth collections that I can't remember by name right now.

Thanks. I think we've listened to enoughh myths in our house :tongue_smilie: i need something different. There was one about Cleopatra, a fictionbook of her as a young girl.....cant remember the name....

Happy to hear it works on kindle! I have an ipad but i would rather lug my kindle around.

I know I can put Audible books on my original kindle with the keyboard, and the sound is fine with earbuds. You hear whoever the narrator is, not the kindle voice. The kindle fire is my favorite way to listen to my audible content. I don't listen any other way now. I don't think I can listen on my $79 kindle, whatever that one is called. I don't see any way to use earbuds with it.

Thanks! Are there any promos going on now that i should know about before i join?

This may not be in the budget or what you might want to do anyway, even if it is, but twice now I have taken advantage of Amazon's $100 off an MP3 player when you sign up for a year long Audible membership (at the same price you pay for membership anyway). Once I got a "free" MP3 player for DH's mom's Christmas gift. The following year, I got a 160 GB iPod Classic for $120. That iPod is my BFF. :tongue_smilie: Both times I found the deal by looking at MP3 players on Amazon an paying attention to "special offers" on product pages.