Menu

OMG .... THIS!!!!!

Home'scool

I'm still about 5 years away from my oldest leaving home and I'm a blubbering mess reading that. Five years seems like both a long time and a much to short time. :crying:

I think I'll go snuggle with my kids for a bit and just revel in the fact that they're still small and here and home where I can just wander over and kiss them.

I was feeling better before I read it....but it's nice to think back on all the time we've had together as a family.

One of the things I appreciate most about homeschooling -- all the good times we spent together! :001_smile:

:iagree: I find myself feeling overwhelmingly grateful for the many days we had. If this " hole in my heart" feeling would only ebb....

"at the dinner table, beside me on the couch, talking on the phone, sleeping in their rooms, safe, home, mine."

This line gets me every time.

We just skyped with her last night for about 30 minutes, and it was so nice to see her and hear her! She said that after 9 days it already feels like home. I knew that it would become her new home, and I remember feeling that way myself when I went to college, but it is hard being on the other end of it.

I know when she does come home to visit that our home will now feel like being away, and her dorm is her home.

Even in the 30 minutes we had with her I knew we were distracting her from the "here and now" that is her college life. At least 8 people came by at different times to see what she was up to or invite her someplace. I knew that she wanted to talk to us, but at the same time wanted to go with all these people.

I am so happy that she is loving college so much and has settled in so well (it would be worse if she was calling crying every day) but letting go is so much harder in practice than in theory.