Menu

need help asap, TOG yr 1 start with week 4?

I am hoping for a really quick answer here! I started this year using an ancient history curriculum that I'm not completely satisfied with....:/ We are just beginning and so I am wanting to jump ship quickly (tonight, lol) and switch to TOG year 1. My question is, do I have to begin in week 1 (egypt), or can I start in week 4 (creation) and go forward till I come to egypt and then do week 1? It seems like in the classic version they gave you that choice but that was years ago and I no longer own it. So does anyone know if the redesign gives that option. If so, has anyone done it that way with success?

Do you understand why they start with Egypt? If not, that's what I'd learn first. They have a good article on the topic in the curriculum materials. Short answer is because Moses wrote the first five books of the Bible and it helps a bunch to understand them if you understand Egypt where he was educated.