Menu

Fiestaware--scarlet

It's not the least bit tomato soup red.

It's a true brilliant red--you will not be disappointed.

ETA: Are you saying you received them and they don't seem to be a true red to you?

Oh yes, I should have been more clear. They did arrive today and they are most definitely a Campbell's tomato soup-red.

I'm going to send them back. One of them has some fairly obvious scratches in the glaze, so it needed to go back anyway. Maybe I'll try ordering them directly from Fiesta instead. The prices were the same. I just went with Amazon because of Prime.

Wait until Kohl's has a sale plus a 30% off code, and order your Fiestaware from them -- it will be WAY cheaper than everywhere else.

Also, Fiestaware isn't always packed that well, and I had some broken pieces in my Kohls order (not Kohls' fault, IMO.) I called Kohls and they replaced every single piece and didn't even want the broken stuff back.

Oh yes, I should have been more clear. They did arrive today and they are most definitely a Campbell's tomato soup-red.

I'm going to send them back. One of them has some fairly obvious scratches in the glaze, so it needed to go back anyway. Maybe I'll try ordering them directly from Fiesta instead. The prices were the same. I just went with Amazon because of Prime.

That's weird. Do they have logos?

I just remembered though that I got a white 18 oz (gusto) bowl from amazon once that is the only piece of Fiesta I have with no logo. I often wonder if it's fake. If I had gotten several pieces like that, I might have sent them back.

Mine does not strike me as tomato soup red at all. It is a bit darker than say a Christmas red, but not orange-ish at all.

I just went and compared my veggie bowl to my kitchenaid coffee bean grinder. It's actually a bit brighter.

Yep, they have logos on the bottom (they say 'Fiestaware' in a scripty-type font and 'Made in the USA').

I think they sent me the Paprika color by mistake--I just looked at some in that color and it definitely looks closer to what I got.

Good to know about Kohls. I get coupons from them nearly every week. Do they carry them in the stores? I have one locally.

Yep, they have logos on the bottom (they say 'Fiestaware' in a scripty-type font and 'Made in the USA').

I think they sent me the Paprika color by mistake--I just looked at some in that color and it definitely looks closer to what I got.

Good to know about Kohls. I get coupons from them nearly every week. Do they carry them in the stores? I have one locally.

The color you're describing does sound like Paprika, not Scarlet.

:iagree:

It sounds like paprika.

Scarlet is RED. If the Kitchenaid empire red is what you had in mind, it's really very close. Just a teeny bit lighter.