Menu

What is the meaning of the second sentence in this news article?

Maybe he meant that the lake is so chilly no one would want to stash weapons at the bottom of it because they'd have to get cold and wet? I mean, he was running from police. He might possibly be running toward a stash of weapons. But no one in their right mind would hide weapons at the bottom of a cold lake.

Just another POV.

Maybe he meant that the lake is so chilly no one would want to stash weapons at the bottom of it because they'd have to get cold and wet? I mean, he was running from police. He might possibly be running toward a stash of weapons. But no one in their right mind would hide weapons at the bottom of a cold lake.

Just another POV.

A bit of a stretch though. ;)

Just another POV.

Ummmmm........nah' :tongue_smilie:

Reminds me of the recent news story about a country singer whom I won't name, to preserve any bit of dignity he might have left...

He walked naked and drunk into a convenience store and asked for a pack of cigs.

Guy behind the counter later told a news reporter in that slow Texas drawl, "Well, I said, 'Now, (singer's name), you got any money on you?'"

I'm thinking... You asked a naked guy if he had any money on him?! :smilielol5: I'd be afraid he actually did have some money on him and then what would you do when he handed it to you?! :ack2:

Reminds me of the recent news story about a country singer whom I won't name, to preserve any bit of dignity he might have left...

He walked naked and drunk into a convenience store and asked for a pack of cigs.

Guy behind the counter later told a news reporter in that slow Texas drawl, "Well, I said, 'Now, (singer's name), you got any money on you?'"

I'm thinking... You asked a naked guy if he had any money on him?! :smilielol5: I'd be afraid he actually did have some money on him and then what would you do when he handed it to you?! :ack2:

OH MY!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

That first picture looks like a still from a movie! :lol:

I agree with the shrinkage theory. I think the officer was having a good laugh.

OTOH, maybe he was observing that you'd have to be desperate to go into the water since it's really cold.. and if you have a weapon you're not desperate.

But I still like the shrinkage idea.