Menu

I need a word I can use here.

well I just went and re-edited my bitterness thread and called her Nasty Old Hag Most of these responses came while I was doing this.

I really wanted something to fit. If it were legal, I'd take a picture of her and post it and you all would agree, she LOOKS like a Nasty Old Hag. Looks like one, acts like one, walks like one........ well, you get it.;)

Thesaurus.com provides an, er, interesting list.

amazon, backbiter, battle-ax, biddy, calumniator, carper, detractor, dragon, fire-eater, fishwife, fury, harpy, harridan, hell cat, hellion, hussy, madcap, muckraker, nag, ogress, old biddy, porcupine, reviler, scold, she-devil, she-wolf, siren, spitfire, termagant, tigress, virago, vituperator, vixen, wench

Because nothing says "I hate you with every fiber of my being" like calling someone a calumniator. ;)

amazon, backbiter, battle-ax, biddy, calumniator, carper, detractor, dragon, fire-eater, fishwife, fury, harpy, harridan, hell cat, hellion, hussy, madcap, muckraker, nag, ogress, old biddy, porcupine, reviler, scold, she-devil, she-wolf, siren, spitfire, termagant, tigress, virago, vituperator, vixen, wench

Because nothing says "I hate you with every fiber of my being" like calling someone a calumniator. ;)

Ok, these are awesome. I almost woke hubs up with a snort just now.:tongue_smilie:

Great list. Tomorrow's insult of the day is going to be "fishwife". Everyone be sure to use it correctly when refering to cruddy neighbors, people who cut you off in traffic, and whoever bought the last muffin at the bakery right before I got there.

Ooh, have you seen this?!

http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/

Thank you so much! I was just looking for some new memory work and now I've found it.

Tomorrow's memory work and copywork:

"You scullion! You rampallian! You fustilarian! I'll tickle your catastrophe!"

Poor DD. I wonder what it would be like if she didn't have weird parents?

Great list. Tomorrow's insult of the day is going to be "fishwife". Everyone be sure to use it correctly when refering to cruddy neighbors, people who cut you off in traffic, and whoever bought the last muffin at the bakery right before I got there.

:lol::lol::lol: oh, I am SO going to wake dh up!!!

Ooh, have you seen this?!

http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/

LOVE THIS!!!!!!!

"Thou goatish gut-griping scut.". :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Oh, that fishwife has it coming!!!:lol:

Thank you so much! I was just looking for some new memory work and now I've found it.

FISHWIFE, FISHWIFE, FISHWIFE! see your post above!:D

After a long day of teaching/working/dealing with fishwife's I think we all deserve a break. I've got enough for everyone.

IMG_0264.JPG

Also, I don't know that I used the aspostrophe in "fishwife's" correctly. Forgive me if I didn't. It's getting late here.

:lol: My guess... boring.

After a long day of teaching/working/dealing with fishwife's I think we all deserve a break. I've got enough for everyone.

IMG_0264.JPG

Also, I don't know that I used the aspostrophe in "fishwife's" correctly. Forgive me if I didn't. It's getting late here.

Hear! Hear! :) :cheers2: Everybody! :)

No offense to anyone here who is awesome and shops at Michael's, but that's my friend's replacement for the "C" word. She says almost everyone she's ever run into at Michael's is just seriously unpleasant, so now when she's referring to anyone seriously unpleasant (like the "B" or "C" words!), she says, "Oh, yeah, she shops at Michael's." Makes me LOL!