Menu

Does anyone here do the Richard Simmons workout videos?

If so, do you like them? I know there are 5 or 6 out there. Is there one that you prefer over another? I need something that I can do here at home that isn't expensive and gets me motivated.

The elliptical is killing me. I can't do over 10-15 minutes on it. :glare: I wish now that I'd gotten a tread mill.

There are about a MILLION Richard Simmons videos out there -- and some of them are tougher than you would think! :D If you don't mind VHS, you could probably find a bunch of them at Goodwill or on eBay for a very low price. (I don't think DVDs would be too expensive, either.)

Another option for you would be Leslie Sansone's indoor walking workouts.

Are you already in decent shape, or would you consider yourself to be a beginner? There are lots of great workouts available, but it's hard to make a recommendation without knowing your fitness level and your goals. :001_smile:

There are about a MILLION Richard Simmons videos out there -- and some of them are tougher than you would think! :D If you don't mind VHS, you could probably find a bunch of them at Goodwill or on eBay for a very low price. (I don't think DVDs would be too expensive, either.)

Another option for you would be Leslie Sansone's indoor walking workouts.

Are you already in decent shape, or would you consider yourself to be a beginner? There are lots of great workouts available, but it's hard to make a recommendation without knowing your fitness level and your goals. :001_smile:

I am out of shape. That's why the elliptical isn't working well for me. I've never been this heavy, and it's all in my middle/butt. :001_huh: I need something convenient that I can/will do.

I am however, open to other suggestions. :001_smile:

The BEST one is one you will DO........I have found out the hard way that just having the DVD doesn't make you loose weight unless you actually DO it.

I like:

Leslie Sansone--various ones and you can modify as needed

then 2 older ones:

Stormie Ormantin's FIRST STEPS. I have it on VHS and it was done in 1989 so the styles are WAYYYY out of date but the work out is really good but doable. Some moves seem weird but do work if you do them :-)

Kathy Kahler Total Body Workout. This DVD has 7 5 minute segments that you can do all or part of depending on your needs/time. It is a GOOD workout and if you can't do it all or some of the moves just modify a bit until you can.

I also like T-Tapp More---the 18 minute version. Again, weird stuff but works.

I am terrible in that when I am walking with a friend I will do 4 miles at a decent clip but with a DVD I am pushing it to do 20 minutes. Much more than that and I just won't get it done............therefore I look for 15-20 minute DVDs that I will actually DO. That is better than "great' DVDs that just sit on the shelf.

Another 2 that I have are Jane Fonda ones (recent I think) that are designed more for older people. Still a great workout though.

Crunch Cardio Salsa is fun. She does a good job of teaching you a step, then combining it with another, and so on so that by the end you're doing a routine. It took me a time or two to get the hang of it, but I liked that because it wasn't oversimplified. It also gives you experience with a bunch of standard Latin steps that will come in handy if you ever take a Zumba class.