Menu

Anyone in North Dakota?

My dh is entertaining a job offer in Grafton N. Dakota which may have us moving sometime in Oct/Nov. We want to live somewhat near work but are completely unfamiliar with the area.

I also want to find a good group to get involved with so my children can make new friends but I'm not quite sure where to start.

Any advice would be welcome!:001_smile:

Also how restrictive are the homeschooling laws? We are in NJ, so we are used the laws being unobtrusive. We don't even need to notify. From what I've been reading, ND laws are some of the most restrictive in the country, so I'm a bit nervous.:confused:

Hi! I live in McVille, ND about an hour & 15 from Grafton. My husband is from Minto about 9 miles from Grafton. When researching our laws, it does seem restrictive, but at least in the school district where I live all we do is the annual statement of intent & standardized tests every other year. I know some others in the Grand Forks area who have had some run ins with certain schools but nothing serious. Not sure how strict they are in the Grafton area, but we haven't had any trouble where we're at. Hope that helps.

Hi! I live in McVille, ND about an hour & 15 from Grafton. My husband is from Minto about 9 miles from Grafton. When researching our laws, it does seem restrictive, but at least in the school district where I live all we do is the annual statement of intent & standardized tests every other year. I know some others in the Grand Forks area who have had some run ins with certain schools but nothing serious. Not sure how strict they are in the Grafton area, but we haven't had any trouble where we're at. Hope that helps.

thanks! :001_smile:

We are hoping to live near work and still be close enough to Grand Forks. There seems to be at least one coop there. I know they have annual convention but I'm not sure how big it is.