Menu

What do you wear to a wedding?

Cocktail dress, not overly flashy or sparkly (a little embellishment is fine). It shouldn't be too revealing. Basically you want to look elegant without your outfit screaming "LOOK AT ME!"

Bring a pashmina or other wrap in case the AC is cold. Add strappy heels & a cute clutch. Also be sure not to wear any super light pastels that could look white-ish in photography.

Speaking of photography, if you wear foundation, make sure it's one without SPF so you don't end up looking like a ghost in all the photos (the sunscreen reflects the light of the flash). A little more makeup than usual (just a little) looks nice in photos. :)

I like to wear long skirts regularly, but none of them are fancy. I don't wear dresses because I don't find them flattering on me. I guess I need to buy a fancier skirt. :sad:

No! Just find a great, basic sheath dress. It can be dressed up or down and will serve you well to MANY occasions. It is a basic wardrobe piece, and very handy. There are so many styles of sheath and cocktail dresses, you will find one that will flatter you, I promise :)

Google "Versatile sheath dress" or "basic cocktail dress" and use the image search just to get ideas.

Edited by SailorMom

I like to wear long skirts regularly, but none of them are fancy. I don't wear dresses because I don't find them flattering on me. I guess I need to buy a fancier skirt. :sad:

This is me - my body type is not friendly for sheath dresses. Or for non-sheath dresses for that matter :D I've tried on a million of them in different styles, but since I don't have a waist per-say, most dresses are unflattering for me.

My go-to skirt is a plain dark brown. My go-to sweater is fancy, but not very heavy (if that makes sense) so it works for multiple seasons. Add some dress boots (for winter) or lovely pumps/sandals for summer and I'm all set.