Menu

Urg...remind me what to do about my eye.

I woke up in the night and one of my eyes was stuck shut. I held a warm, wet washcloth on it for a minute and then went back to bed. This morning I woke up and it was stuck shut again. I washed it gently with warm water, but it's been a couple of hours and my eye feels tingly and slightly itchy.

I remember having this happen when I was a kid, but I don't remember what the "fix" was. Am I getting pink eye? Is it something else? What am I supposed to do about it?

It might be allergies, or it might be the start of pinkeye. Sometimes the allergy crustiness can lead to pinkeye.

For now, wash your eyes every couple hours with baby shampoo. It helps if you first, before washing, hold a hot, wet washcloth over your eyes for about five minutes. Sometimes the heat and basic sanitation can help your body manage the allergies and fight the infection.

:iagree: Although, with only one eye...it's likely pink eye. Dr. will give a prescription for drop or ointment.

QUOTE=strider;4278243]It might be allergies, or it might be the start of pinkeye. Sometimes the allergy crustiness can lead to pinkeye.

For now, wash your eyes every couple hours with baby shampoo. It helps if you first, before washing, hold a hot, wet washcloth over your eyes for about five minutes. Sometimes the heat and basic sanitation can help your body manage the allergies and fight the infection.

Sounds like you might have the beginning of pinkeye. A doctor's visit is in order to get the prescription you need. Don't let it go too long....it can be nasty and is VERY contagious.

If it's just allergies, it should clear right up with some OTC allergy eye drops. Zatador, or its generic equivalent, is a good one. The drops can be a bit painful, but they work.

If it doesn't clear up with Zatador...go see your doctor.