Menu

You know that odd feeling when the seam of your sock

You know the odd feeling when the seam of your sock is not in the right place...

When I put on my shoes last Friday I had that feeling...but I was in too much of a rush (late to an appointment) so I decided to ignore it.

Imagine the surprise (horror) I felt when I discovered later in the day that my sock did not have a seam problem at the toe-- apparently a scorpion had crawled in my shoe Thursday evening and I failed to give my shoe the obligatory 'shake' before I put it on... needless to say that will NEVER happen again!

Judging from the mess I peeled off my sock-- and the stain on the insole of my shoe it was a BIG scorpion. Somehow I must have stepped on it just right to avoid getting stung!

Today I wore my sandals-no scorpion hiding spots!

I'm considering putting my shoes in the freezer at night.

Eew,eew, eew! I'm so glad you didn't get stung! I put my foot in a shoe holding a scorpion at girl scout camp in Paris, TX when I was young. I wasn't as lucky, I got stung! I no longer live in a place with scorpions, but I still have to always check my shoes when I'm camping.

You know the odd feeling when the seam of your sock is not in the right place...

When I put on my shoes last Friday I had that feeling...but I was in too much of a rush (late to an appointment) so I decided to ignore it.

Imagine the surprise (horror) I felt when I discovered later in the day that my sock did not have a seam problem at the toe-- apparently a scorpion had crawled in my shoe Thursday evening and I failed to give my shoe the obligatory 'shake' before I put it on... needless to say that will NEVER happen again!

Judging from the mess I peeled off my sock-- and the stain on the insole of my shoe it was a BIG scorpion. Somehow I must have stepped on it just right to avoid getting stung!

Today I wore my sandals-no scorpion hiding spots!

I'm considering putting my shoes in the freezer at night.

I would never wear closed toed shoes if I lived in an area like that.

Yikes. I had this happen once though, a while ago.

I put on my winter boots, drove to school, wondered what on earth that lump under my foot was ... no clue ... finally got enough of a break to take my boots off. It was A DEAD MOUSE. Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh.

Those boots are still in my closet and every time I look at them I think about the mouse and decide it's not THAT snowy and I'll wear my shoes. I really ought to just bite the bullet and buy new ones ...

The List of States in Which I Will Not Live just got a wee bit longer:

Louisiana (humidity, snakes, New Orleans)

Florida (Burmese pythons, sharks)

Arizona (rattle snakes)

Texas (scorpions in shoes)

Thanks for the info. Retirement planning gets easier every time I open of these threads.

Terri

That just gives me the creeps. I hate scorpions so much. When we lived in Georgia, we regularly saw scorpions and black widows - even in the house. If one had ever crawled in my shoes, I might have gone barefoot from that day forward.

How long did you walk around with it in there?