Menu

How is Homeschool Tracker Online going?

I am thinking about getting a mac. For those of you who are using the online version of HST, how is it working out?

If you moved from HST+ to the online version, are there any features that are not part of the online version that you miss from HST+? Are there any features in the online version not included in plus?

Have you had any issues accessing the online version when you need to do so? Have they had any server issues?

Thanks

I'm enjoying the online version and my teenager with his own laptop loves getting his assignments directly from his computer. They did a nice update this weekend which improved the agenda screen immensely.

I've never had any trouble getting onto the site unless my internet was acting wonky. No issues on their side at all, at least not for me.

I am wishing for a bit more flexibility in the report writing feature but I'm patiently waiting because I'm pretty sure that part will come along eventually. I've been using HSTracker for years and enjoyed being able to customize my reports a bit more than is currently available in the online version. I was very encouraged by the improvements they made over the weekend, though the program was functioning perfectly well before. The new updates just reminded me that they are going to continually make improvements and add new features.

If you have any specific questions, I'm happy to help if I can.

Thanks, Janet.

Does it have the ability to print assignment lists? My son likes to see the assignments for the week printed out by day, so he can work ahead if he wants to. Now, mind you, this rarely happens, but he still wants the report.

Have you looked at the transcript at all? Does it have the same option as HST+?

I've used HST+ for over six years now & am hoping the online environment isn't that different. What report options did you have in HST+ that you don't have in the online version?

Thanks again.

Thanks, Janet.

Does it have the ability to print assignment lists? My son likes to see the assignments for the week printed out by day, so he can work ahead if he wants to. Now, mind you, this rarely happens, but he still wants the report.

Have you looked at the transcript at all? Does it have the same option as HST+?

I've used HST+ for over six years now & am hoping the online environment isn't that different. What report options did you have in HST+ that you don't have in the online version?

Thanks again.

I'm sorry, I didn't catch this until today.

There is the option to print a Daily Task Report which is pretty much the same as HST+. We always used the report on HST+ that was more like a spreadsheet of the week - I can't remember the name. Also, I always like to keep a hard copy of the lesson plans that we were using so I could just quickly find our place if I needed too and, though it's still available, you have to jump through some hoops to print those kinds of reports out now.

I haven't looked at the transcript portion yet, at all. I never used the transcript portion on HST+ because I could never get it to work correctly but I'm hoping to play with it soon.

I find the online version more user-friendly than HST+ which is why I decided to switch over. It seems like the learning curve was a lot easier, of course, that could be because I'm was so familiar with HST+?