Menu

Apple educator discount for homeschoolers

In the past I've been able to purchase Mac products at the educational price. I had to bring in a bit of paperwork and that was that.

I just saw on the main website that they are offering $100 in apps on top of the education discount if you purchase a Mac product for college.

I called in to my local store to ask if the discount applies to homeschoolers and was told that it was only for college kids and teachers (I'm not a certified teacher). She did have to put me on hold to ask someone and she didn't seem to have much clue as to what is going on.

Is she mistaken or did I get really lucky in the past? I need a new computer and don't want to pay full price. ;) If I can't get the discount I guess I'll start looking for a solid refurb.

We just purchased a MacBook Pro. Dh ordered through the Apple store. He let the customer service guy know that we homeschooled and we were purchasing the computer for our student/dd. we got both the discount and the $100 app card. This was only a month ago.