Menu

Grapevine Bible: I'm so confused :-0

Hunter

I'm so confused by all the new products at Grapevine. I have an ebook version of the OT overview for level 3-4. I have a student who is seriously remediating her handwriting that I don't want to require ANY handwriting from, that is not part of the remediation process. She is requesting (almost demanding) Bible, and I think stick figuring will be the perfect output for her right now.

My printer is broken. I'm thinking of purchasing a hardcopy TM and a hardcopy student book.

There are so many choices. :001_huh:

Are there any current coupons?

Maybe I'll just squint at my ebook copy on my kindle, and have her draw the stick figures on paper without any labeling, or make up some homemade worksheets.

I think it would be just as cheap to take it somewhere & have it printed as it would be to buy a book. Just a thought. :)

As a warning, there is SOME handwriting involved in this. I tend to print out the teacher page for that & have the kids cut the writing out to paste in their book. Maybe you just need a new printer. :lol:

I'm going to get a new printer at some point, but I want to save up for just the right one, and...I think I'm very much benefitting from this squeeze. It has forced me to look backwards to oldschool ways that I really needed to try out again, or use for the first time.

Also printer paper is very slick, and I'm realizing how much nicer crayon and even pencil work on rougher paper. I'm not ready to come in out of the cold yet :-) It all smells better too.

I've been studying the website a LOT. It looks like the overviews have been rewritten into 3 separate books each. The stick figures are more polished in the rewrites.

The hardcopy rewritten TMs aren't that much more expensive than the rewritten downloads, but the older versions certainly are a lot cheaper as a download. I don't know what to do :confused1: What I really want is all new hardcopy TMs with the updated stick figures, but am having trouble justifying the expense.

For now I think I'm just going to have the student draw stick figures on paper that has been folded into squares. I'm trying to convince myself that the squares don't have to be labeled. It's the process, not the product that is where the learning takes place, right? I tend to overcomplicate EVERYTHING. Sigh!

Read some scripture. Take a :chillpill: . Draw some stickfigures. Move on to the next subject.

Edited by Hunter

I've been studying the website a LOT. It looks like the overviews have been rewritten into 3 separate books each. The stick figures are more polished in the rewrites.

This. I emailed to ask them, they have redone the old overviews into separate books. For OT there will be four, I don't think the fourth one is out yet. If you look in the scratch & dent section you can still find the old ones (at least in ebook version, not sure about printed).

I bought Level 3 student pages as that is the last level with a drawing page at the end of the week, higher levels look like more writing.

The only coupons I knew about expired 8/31. :glare:

This. I emailed to ask them, they have redone the old overviews into separate books. For OT there will be four, I don't think the fourth one is out yet. If you look in the scratch & dent section you can still find the old ones (at least in ebook version, not sure about printed).

I bought Level 3 student pages as that is the last level with a drawing page at the end of the week, higher levels look like more writing.

The only coupons I knew about expired 8/31. :glare:

A 4th OT book. Then it will be even more expensive than I thought.

I think I need to get the NT ebook to match my OT ebook, and let it just be good enough. I'm going to try to wait for the next coupon. I've had some mailed to me, and never used them. I saw an online code ending 8/31. It figures, that I want to buy now.

Level 4 has pictures doesn't it? The TM covers 3 and 4, so I just assumed they both used the pictures.

Level 4 has pictures doesn't it? The TM covers 3 and 4, so I just assumed they both used the pictures.

Yes, they use stick figures through the lesson. The difference is at the end of the lesson there is a drawing page in Level 3 which is used to review the lesson. In Level 4 the end of the lessons is a Quest Page where they look things up in a Bible dictionary and concordance. More writing. If you look at the samples for Level 3-4 TM, you will see at the end of the lesson a page that has at the top the Level 3 Student Review Page and at the bottom the Level 4 Quest Page. If you want less writing use Level 3 student pages, you can always do some of the other exercises orally.