Menu

Non-schoolish but planned out for me!

Momof2littles

Could you be a little more specific? :001_smile:

Haha! I want something Christian and fun! I don't want to do hours of planning...I like a schedule that says do this on this day but isn't too bossy and can be tweaked if needed! I taught PS and don't want my home to feel like school!

I just want suggestions!

I'm loving sonlight p4/5 with my 5.5 year old! I'm wondering if sonlight is the way I should go for a few years, but I also love heart of Dakota's philosophy!!

I think we will be done with p4/5 in April bc I'm putting 5 days into 4 since there 5th day is light (and still doing school 5 days a week).

I plan to take a few weeks off when we are done but I have to buy used so I need to start gradually buying books and such.

Does that help some?

Heart of Dakota is my current favorite but I've used Sonlight in the past for that age and enjoyed it. We did Little Heart For His Glory for first grade last year and it was a perfect fit for my then 6yo. I did adjust it and used it only four days a week (we actually started it at the end of his K year and continued it from there).

The one problem I had with HOD was the daily schedule. I would have preferred a weekly schedule, but that is just a personal preference:)

You can use it however you want it. I've taken the schedule and squashed it into all kinds of configurations to suit us. I usually make a weekly grid so that I and my kidlets can see at a glance what needs to be done.

You can use it however you want it. I've taken the schedule and squashed it into all kinds of configurations to suit us. I usually make a weekly grid so that I and my kidlets can see at a glance what needs to be done.

I wish hod offered a weekly grid in the book so I wouldn't have to write it all out. I'm lazy! All the years of planning I did while teaching PS has me burnt out!

Have you looked at http://www.simplycharlottemason.com? The handbooks are great. I love that it's planned out by DAY not by week. Sonlight's schedule was too rigid for me...felt messed up if we had a fieldtrip, sick day, etc. With SCM you just 'do the next day.' And it's light enough that you can add other favorites, which I like since we combine w/Truthquest's biblical commentary and some books and movies rec. by then. Esp. for 1st grade, I think it's plenty:) Blessings, G