Menu

Looking for a punching bag that can be tackled??

Is there such a thing? My 8yo - the one with SPD who needs a lot of high-impact touch and body movement - desires to own a punching bag that stands on the ground which he can tackle. Sounds perfect for him. Problem is that I don't know where to start finding one.

Whatever I find needs to be youth or small-adult sized so he can effectively tackle and reach it. It needs to be ultra durable since this intense kid just.does.not.stop with physical needs. A blow-up version wouldn't last more than 5 minutes. I would prefer that it is easy to set-up since he will certainly be tackling it over and over and over.

Anyone know of a grappling dummy? Would a smaller punching bag with a base work? Where would I buy any of this?

Thank you for any help. His younger brothers thank you immensely. :D

Is there such a thing? My 8yo - the one with SPD who needs a lot of high-impact touch and body movement - desires to own a punching bag that stands on the ground which he can tackle. Sounds perfect for him. Problem is that I don't know where to start finding one.

Whatever I find needs to be youth or small-adult sized so he can effectively tackle and reach it. It needs to be ultra durable since this intense kid just.does.not.stop with physical needs. A blow-up version wouldn't last more than 5 minutes. I would prefer that it is easy to set-up since he will certainly be tackling it over and over and over.

Anyone know of a grappling dummy? Would a smaller punching bag with a base work? Where would I buy any of this?

Thank you for any help. His younger brothers thank you immensely. :D

No advice. My son isn't violent and my brothers used each other. How tough are those exercise balls? Or a sparring dummy?

No advice. My son isn't violent and my brothers used each other. How tough are those exercise balls? Or a sparring dummy?

The sparring dummy would be my suggestion. We do martial arts; there are several types of sparring bags / dummies. Most of the stand up bags are mounted on a stand that you fill with water or sand to give you resistance. If you're wanting it to be pushed over (tackled), it would be plenty sturdy enough to stand alone without the sand, but still be able to knocked over and set back up with ease.

Hope that helps!