Menu

I just have to completely redo it, don't I?

So, I am way overdue in sending a card of congrats to an old friend who just got married. I wasn't able to make it to the wedding. She and I both are crafty, homemade sort of people, so I finally sat down tonight and made her a card. Nothing too fancy, but I did make it. And then I wrote a little message inside for her and her new husband. And then I addressed it and then... I realized that I had accidentally made the inscription inside the card to her and her OLD guy, who she was with for years and years but didn't marry. The new husband has a really similar name.

Someone tell me I can somehow mark it out and it won't look like I am a COMPLETE idiot.

Can you cut out the area with a craft knife and re-insert a new piece of card stock? Then you could add is some trim around the edge to make it look as though you planned it this way ALL along!

Or, can you transform it into a pop-out card? Cut out the offending name and add in, um, dancing hula girls?

So, I am way overdue in sending a card of congrats to an old friend who just got married. I wasn't able to make it to the wedding. She and I both are crafty, homemade sort of people, so I finally sat down tonight and made her a card. Nothing too fancy, but I did make it. And then I wrote a little message inside for her and her new husband. And then I addressed it and then... I realized that I had accidentally made the inscription inside the card to her and her OLD guy, who she was with for years and years but didn't marry. The new husband has a really similar name.

Someone tell me I can somehow mark it out and it won't look like I am a COMPLETE idiot.

:lol: Oh dear! At least you caught it before mailing it and having him see it! Can you somehow cut out and salvage any of it?

It's so convenient when someone's next significant other has the same name as the last one.

cut off the front and attach it to a new card base.

:iagree: This was going to be my suggestion, or secure another piece inside like a "liner" so it looks like you intended to have a contrasting color inside. The only problem with this is that I would make sure and use a ton of permanent adhesive so it doesn't come off and reveal the mistake!:lol: