Menu

Must See movies - kids edition

Ok, my boys are 8.5 and almost 7. But I'm really asking for any age. (Just note what ages you think it would be good for, if you don't mind - I know it's all relative, but just a basic idea will suffice. Or not. Whatever. :tongue_smilie: )

Ok, so what are some MUST SEE movies for kids? I'm talking all over the board here, but some I look forward to our boys watching are, for instance, LOTR movies, further HP movies, etc. They've seen The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and maybe parts of Prince Caspian - not sure. They've seen Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away - we own them and love them! They've also seen a lot of 'kids' movies.

So I guess I'm asking for some that maybe wouldn't be at the forefront on our radar or so. But any and all suggestions are great.

Thanks!

:lurk5:

• 1 month later...

My boys' favorites are underdog sports movies. From the 90s: The Sandlot, Mighty Ducks, The Big Green, Rookie of the Year, Space Jam. Later: Remember the Titans, The Rookie, Miracle.

Little Men and The Little Rascals have also been big hits here.

My boys' favorites are underdog sports movies. From the 90s: The Sandlot, Mighty Ducks, The Big Green, Rookie of the Year, Space Jam. Later: Remember the Titans, The Rookie, Miracle.

Little Men and The Little Rascals have also been big hits here.

This is pretty much my boys' list as well.

I'll throw in Homeward Bound as well. My DS9 has seen the movie 100 times and has read the book twice. He loves that movie.:001_smile:

Lori,

I love the list your provided in that link. Thank you! I just requested a few from the .ibrary.

Enjoy! :)

Your children are at a *great* age to introduce them to the treasures of the silent film era and older films. After you watch some silent films, watch Wall-E -- I just read that in the making of Wall-E, the animators watched old Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplin films every single day at lunch to be inspired in ways of telling a story and developing character without words.

I'm teaching a film class at our co-op, and not only am I teaching them the elements of film for analysis (lighting, framing, sound, color, editing, etc.), but I'm also trying to give them a bit of film history along the way, so we've seen a number of the silents and films from the 1930s. I don't think a single student (all high school age), had ever seen a silent movie, or maybe even a black and white film before! And you know what -- they are really enjoying them! Several have told me they so loved the Buster Keaton film we watched, that they have watched others! :)

Thank you so much for your post of thanks. :) It really made my night! Warmest regards, Lori D.