Menu

Does anyone can jalapenos? Any good recipes?

Wear gloves!!!

I've pickled them, using the ball blue book recipe I think, but one thing I've also done that dp really enjoyed was a roasted jalapeño sauce. This was an adapted recipe from the ball blue book - their roasted red pepper sauce, using red jalapeños instead of the sweet pepper.

You don't think the bacon would get a bit...unpalatable in the canning process? :D :tongue_smilie:

Seriously though, thanks. I think I'll make these this week. I wonder how they would do on the grill.

I make them on the grill. I don't use that recipe, I mix the cream cheese with Parmesan and some grilling salt (like Weber grilling salt). I also don't "wrap"them with bacon, I just lay a piece of bacon on top of each jalapeno.

I don't can jalapenos, but I do chop and freeze them.

You don't think the bacon would get a bit...unpalatable in the canning process? :D :tongue_smilie:

Seriously though, thanks. I think I'll make these this week. I wonder how they would do on the grill.

I'm sorry! I thought you were asking for recipes in general, or canning as an alternative!

Canned bacon wrapped jalapenos? :ack2: :D

I'm sorry! I thought you were asking for recipes in general, or canning as an alternative!

Canned bacon wrapped jalapenos? :ack2: :D

LOL! No, I was joking! I have the bad habit of scanning questions too quickly sometimes and it was my error, not yours. On re-reading the OP, I actually did get the impression that she was open to all ideas for using large amounts of jalapenos and yours definitely applied.

Seriously though, I think I might make these tonight so I'm glad you posted them. :001_smile:

I make them on the grill. I don't use that recipe, I mix the cream cheese with Parmesan and some grilling salt (like Weber grilling salt). I also don't "wrap"them with bacon, I just lay a piece of bacon on top of each jalapeno.

I don't can jalapenos, but I do chop and freeze them.

Thanks! I freeze some too, for use in recipes in which it doesn't matter if they have become soft.