Menu

Slow and Steady Get's Me Ready: Reviews appreciated

lea_lpz

For those of you who have used it, can you tell me more about it? Was it usefull? Did your child enjoy the activities? We are already doing some stuff for preschool. Would it be a good complement for my 3 year old, or redundant? Thanks! Thinking of buying a copy used here for $5.

I am currently using it with my dd4, who has special needs. I am personally finding it very useful with her b/c she does not "catch" skills like my older children did. I have to be intentional with her, and it has helped me to do that. I think it's worth the $5. You could pick & choose activities or tweak them to your preference.

I bought this when ds 1 was about 3. I didn't find it useful for him. For some reason, I never sold it. So I decided to give it a try with ds 2 and we aren't utilizing it. I thought it might be a good for dd to use with ds 2. However, many of the activities we already do with him. I would think some of the activities could be found in similar baby development and activity books at the library.

All that said, $5 is a good price for it.

We used it and enjoyed it with my preschooler. I remember liking it because it gave me specific activities to do that I knew were for her age since it was so age specific. I had two older ones so it helped me work on skills with her without having to think too much about it. I think it is worth the $5.

I especially liked it for the younger years- like 1 and 2 year olds. I felt like the activities became less relevant or something after that.

:iagree: By the time we got to the letters, my kids already knew them, but the first few years had some really good ideas. Except I remember a lot of them needed empty thread spools. :001_huh:

I bought it with good intentions, but ending up not using it with either of my children. It seemed that we covered many of the concepts just by normal living and interacting with our children. I wish now I had saved my money and used it for something else. It's not that it's a bad book, it just didn't seem necessary for us.

I especially liked it for the younger years- like 1 and 2 year olds. I felt like the activities became less relevant or something after that.

:iagree:

I have very fond memories of doing these activities with my son from 1 - 3 years of age. I remember feeling amazed because the activities always seemed to be "spot on" for his abilities and interest.... some very treasured times....

For me the book is worth the full asking price and is a steal at $5.00

I loved it from infancy through two years old. At three there are a few activities I've skipped though we've done most. It's mostly still a hit as the activities are fun. More enjoyable to my child often than I guess going in to the activity. My 3.5 year old loves teaching it to me after he masters it! It's a big game to him. Last week it asked my 3 year old to sort and identify coins, while this week is identifying the missing color(s) in a pile. He loves that particular activity although he mastered it quickly. Next week is supposed to be the concept of two parts make a whole/looking for images on the left or right half of a picture. Age 4 I'm not thrilled with because it's mainly a letter of the week but there are a few activities scattered throughout. Overall I prefer Flowering Baby but still pull activities/ideas from Slow and Steady.