Menu

Is there a dairy free cheese that actually tastes good?

I'm making homemade pan pizzas for my family tonight and would like to try one for myself but I am dairy free. So far, I've just skipped the pizza and had a salad or something but I'd like try to make one that I can eat too. Any particular brand name you can recommend? I'm going shopping after school this morning so chime in if you have a suggestion!:)

We tried Daiya, and my girls and I decided we'd rather have pizza without the cheese. :ack2: I don't remember why we didn't like it, I just remember we threw the rest of the bag away. They laugh at us when we go to our local pizza place because our pizza only has cheese on 1/4. The guy tells us the rest is flat bread with veggies. ;)

I agree, Daiya. My ds who is really picky eats it often.

Yes! This is what I bought; the store only had two brands to choose from for shredded df cheese and I recognized this name brand. So hopefully, 4yo dgs and I will enjoy our pizza tonight with the rest of the family. Thanks for all the suggestions!

I know its too late now, but my boys love Daiya, but i havent tried it as i am allergic to 4 ingredients in it. The Vegan Gourmet mozz is ok to me - i'm still allergic to 1 ingredient, so i use only a sprinkling of it, and some vegan parm (which i rather like), and some locally-produced italian herb tofu, which is fantastic. I often make mine like a stuffed pizza, so the tofu is like a ricotta filling. its not as creamy, but its tasty

Cheese-less pizza is pretty tasty. My dd doesn't miss the cheese at all. Most cheese substitutes that she has tried, she doesn't care for.

This is me. I have actually grown to prefer pizza without cheese. Sometimes the pizza is a bit messier to eat since the cheese holds it all together normally, but I still like it without cheese.

We tried Daiya, and my girls and I decided we'd rather have pizza without the cheese. :ack2:

This is how it is here. My dd has a milk allergy that has just recently started causing problems in the past 2 years. Since she grew up eating real cheese, it has been a struggle to find a dairy free cheese that she'll tolerate. We tried Daiya because everyone seems to love it. She tolerated it at first, but eventually decided that she'd rather just be cheese-free, even on pizza.

Another brand that people have said they like is Vegan Gourmet. She thinks it is vomitrocious. It doesn't come preshredded, so when I put it in my food processor to shred, it stunk up my whole kitchen.:ack2:

We have yet to find a good alternative, and lemme tell you what...she misses cheese!!!