Menu

Want to help name our new dog?

We just adopted a Rottweiler/Alaskan Husky mix. She is incredibly friendly and fancies herself a lap dog. :) Our other dog is Kaya, and we would prefer a name that didn't end in the schwa sound.

So far we are considering Sophie, Callie, and Sasha.

ETA: Also: Iris, Brooke, Blue, Maggie, and some great name I thought of last night but can't remember. :001_huh:

post-9010-13535087444827_thumb.jpg

post-9010-13535087445491_thumb.jpg

Edited by ondreeuh
adding pics

Thanks for adding the pictures to the thread! :)

WOW! She's so cool! She looks like a real toughie, so I think she needs a special name. I think a very sissyish name would be a mistake, so Fluffypants, Rainbow, and Snowflake are out of the running, as far as I'm concerned. :tongue_smilie:

We had a cat named Sasha and I always liked that name. Our friend's German Shepherd was also named Sasha and it suited her well, too.

I think Callie is a good name, too.

I'm trying to think of a name that sounds sort of tomboyish, or a pretty name with a butch nickname, because your dog's amazing eyes give her a bit of an edgy expression, which I really like.

How about Maxine, so you can call her Max, or Samantha so you can nickname her Sam?

I wish I had more ideas, but I will say that I hope you won't give her some sort of stupid romance-novel-heroine kind of name, because I think it will embarrass her in front of the other dogs in the neighborhood. ;)

Awwww, I want to call her Schmoopsie-woopsie face, but that's probably not practical. :D

I like Moxie too, but in that same vein I also like Roxie. Of course that's short for Roxanne and I'd be singing that song all day.

My friends just adopted a dog after the death of their beloved 13 year old pup and named her Decaf. I think that's hilarious.

I'd go with Blue though, since her eyes are so pretty.

Awwww, I want to call her Schmoopsie-woopsie face, but that's probably not practical. :D.

Her name is currently Precious, so I think her previous owners were just as taken by her.

Moxie is cute, but I keep thinking of a commercial for pads? Tampons? Moxie girl?

She is such a love! She is making our other dog look bad. :tongue_smilie:

Her name is currently Precious, so I think her previous owners were just as taken by her.

Moxie is cute, but I keep thinking of a commercial for pads? Tampons? Moxie girl?

She is such a love! She is making our other dog look bad. :tongue_smilie:

Moxie girl. That's funny. Since her current name has a P sound at the beginning, you might want to think of a name that also starts with a P. I read somewhere that when owners change pet's names it's easier on the pet if it starts with the same letter. How they know this, I'm not sure.

Penny

Prinny

Pumpkin

Polly

She looks like a Piper to me!

Others I like- Journey/Harley/Peyton

I was just going to suggest Piper!

I also like Blue because of her eyes. I found these names that mean Blue:

Azura – French meaning blue sky

Indigo – English meaning blue-purple colour

Neela – Indian meaning blue

Saphia – Greek meaning blue gemstone

Affera / Affery Arabic meaning blue earth colour

Out of these, I really like Neela.

She is a beautiful dog! Enjoy your new addition!