Menu

Any hot tea drinkers?

I'm getting ready to give up diet soda, and I don't like coffee. I like iced tea, but I have never tried hot tea. I need something in the mornings with some caffeine to get my mind working before I teach the kids. I was thinking hot tea just might be the answer. If you drink it, what kind do you drink? Do you put anything in it? Do you use a kettle or how do you make it?

As Patrick Stewart would say - the water must be boiling when it hits the tea! (Yes, we use a tea kettle - no microwaving allowed.) We use a variety of teas - Lipton, organic green, Bigelow, etc. I love raspberry zinger :blushing: .

I drink mine with milk and sugar, dh with just milk.

As for equipment, you need a kettle with a decent whistle tone - good luck finding one that doesn't make your head rattle. A tea cup or mug. Tea. If you are going with loose-leaf, find a fun steeping thing (I have one that is shaped like a teapot). Milk, sugar. That's it. You can get a hot tea at Starbucks, I believe.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but I'll add my two cents in. I drink decaf, but many of them also come fully loaded. As far as what to put in them, well that depends on the tea.

Chai teas have a lot of flavor and I enjoy them with a little milk/cream and sugar

Good Earth Original is also a strong flavored tea with elements of citrus, cloves and cinnamon among other things. I enjoy these with nothing added because they have a natural sweetness

I also drink a lot of herbals, which probably won't do you any good if you're looking for a morning "buzz". I often add stevia, honey or aguave nectar to those

You've got lots to check out if the number of responses is any indication! enjoy!

• 9 years later...