Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WIS0320

If You Were A Christian And Now You're Not...

shhhhhh..... Don't let the secret out! :tongue_smilie:

Wait can she go invisible while riding her broom like a Klingon cloaking device? That would be most cool.

This is certainly a shock to see sooo many mamas, who hs thir chilren, have such different views.

I'm confused on a couple things~Audrey says she's a witch, which I don't understand that at all.

Then there is a lady, who ends her posts 2mamas and 3 babies??

What an unusual topic. Most of my views re completely opposite most of yours, and I won't try to explain them.

See here is the thing, there is no point in making a statement like this unless you are just looking to stir the pot. If you want to understand being a witch, or why someone lists 2mamas pm them. Don't make a post saying "I won't explain my views, I'll just take a moment to call out yours"

This is EXACTLY how I feel. Christians should be known for who and what we love. Instead we are known for hate. This is a very sad thing.

:iagree:

Exactly.

I don't claim to be a good one, either. I do my best. I am imperfect, just like everyone else. I accept others with their imperfections as well. Unfortunately, many Christians miss the mark on this. They focus too much on judging the imperfect souls around them. Meanwhile, they seem to forget that they are imperfect as well.

:001_huh: Your post is very confusing and actually borderline offensive. And I am a Christian! I think you're underlying tone prooves exactly what these ladies above have mentioned.

So are you shocked that there are homeschool mothers who are not Christians? There is a great big world out there with many different belief systems. This board is diverse and demonstrates this variety. You don't understand that Audrey is a witch? What is there not to understand? And the lady who ends her post with 2 mamas and 3 babies? Again, just because she is DIFFERENT from you, doesn't mean that she is WRONG.

The topic is not unusual. It just makes you uncomfortable. I am a Christian. But the Christianity that you are demonstrating is not the same that I subscribe to. You come into this thread and toss out some random statements that seem to be condemning to others but then you refuse to back yourself up with an explanation? Where does the Bible indicate that is acceptable?

"When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7

That's overreaching. The poster just stated surprise, asked for clarification, then made some boring comment about having different views. Views on what? We don't know for sure. We can guess but until she reveals what they are, it's rather hard to discuss them and stranger to insult her.

What I can't understand is women on this board opening themselves up for the abuse they knew they were going to get when they posted.

An incredible sacrifice I suppose, throwing oneself under the bus to be honest and speak what they believe.

I understand not believing.

What I don't understand is fully believing and walking away because HUMANS disappointed you? If Christ was RIGHT in your mind, how could you let the mistakes made by very fallible Christian believers sway you from what you believed was right? Either you never believed or you took your eyes off Christ and put your expectations in people, no? :(

People will always let you down. They are fallible. They get confused, they get lost, they choose wrong.

I'm not a Christian follower. I am a Christ follower. If I look all around I can find 1,000,000 people to let me down. Myself included in that tally. Thank God my faith doesn't depend on the actions of humans. I would be so heartbroken and disappointed.

That's contradictory b/c I think anyone who "fully and completely" understood and believed in their own mind wouldn't walk away. It may be more the case that people were able to nudge them one way or the other and help them come to their current beliefs. As I child I was afraid to question and doubt God b/c I was taught he was in your thoughts. Then I grew up, saw what the world was about and who was in it, and decided that none of it floated. People were just part of the equation.

I am still a follower of Christ, but have pretty much left the "Christianity" that I once knew. Let's just say that much of it didn't sit right with me. Too many conclusions that the organized church made didn't make sense.

Some years ago, I began wondering, What if we have it all wrong? What if Christians have it wrong? It has certainly happened in the past that Christians had some major themes completely wrong, and had to totally rethink them.

I have been researching Christian Universalism lately, and at least right now, it seems to make more sense to me. My faith is still a work in progress.

(This is a site that tells more about it, if any of you are interested: http://godslovewins.com/index.htm )

That's overreaching. The poster just stated surprise, asked for clarification, then made some boring comment about having different views. Views on what? We don't know for sure. We can guess but until she reveals what they are, it's rather hard to discuss them and stranger to insult her.

She's been in other controversial threads and around long enough to already know the diversity of the board. ;)

This happened to my husband. After 50 years of being raised in, schooled via, married into, only associated and worked with his sect, he was exposed to the rest of the world. Mainly history and science. He now says he wishes the story of the world he was taught when he was young was true, but he thinks it probably isn't. The lynchpin in the system is that he no longer accepts an all-powerful and loving deity would allow such suffering, nor eternal punishment.

After being together 12 years, I finally asked him about his religious beliefs this weekend. I'd suspected all this, but never asked him. He was raised Adventist.

Wolf was raised Adventist too! And won't have anything to do w/it again in this lifetime. He says he's Christian, but attending church? Not after the foul taste SDA left in his mouth. (to be fair, I don't know how much was SDA, and how much was SDA-interpreted-by-MIL-to-be-even-more-restrictive situation.)

I can see you are new here.

Yes, Audrey is a witch. What more is there to understand?

2 mamas and 3 babies... Means two women in a relationship raising 3 children. exactly what it says. No trickery or Tom-foolery. I promise. :tongue_smilie:

We have all kinds here. We are one big family that argues a lot but also loves a lot. If you are looking for homogenous, you are in the wrong place.

I was raised Christian but it never "stuck." I remember trying hard as a kid to get it and reading my children's bible. I gave up by high school.

And the more I learned about other mythologies, the more I realized that this Christianity is its own mythology. Many see it as truth, which is totally their choice. But I see it as stories.

I do believe there is something else out there but I would never dare to assume what it is. I am just a mere human.

A person using the internet who is wide eyed and blinking at 2 mommies and 3 kids doesn't compute. It's as if she never heard of a gay couple with kids before. It's 2012. Seriously?

She's been in other controversial threads and around long enough to already know the diversity of the board. ;)

:lol: Another poster informed me that I haven't been reading enough of all the hot threads. I don't do *crazy*.

If you are going to lambast because of previous knowledge, please add the context!

Hidden

I don't know if you were referrng to me or not, but I certainly was not trying to cause problems. I've beenon this board sinse April, I think, and dont have myny posts and am not even on this site that often. When I saw the title of the thread, I assumed it was about falling from grace, or having faih then loosing it~more of a "do you believe in eternal securit" type ?. When I started reading all these posts, from HOMEschool mamas, I was simple shocked. I guess I live a pretty sheltered life, as I didn't realize there ARE witches??? How can someone be a witch? That is confusing to me. Also, I didn't realize there are people, who do not live as husband and wife, (MAN and WOman) who homeschool. That surprises me as well.

I guess I just thought hs was something christians did, and didn't realize the culture is this messed up in their thinking. It is insane.

Yes we as christians are to be loving and love people, but we are NOT to be tolerant of SIN! We love the gays but do not accept their lifestyle, and so on.

Jesus told the woman at the well, who HE DID forgive, to go and SIN NO MORE.

That's all. My views are complete opposite of most of yours, and I'm not here to debate. I won't be chaging my mind, as you likely won't either. I think its great to be able to share OUR own views, I was just completely taken back by all this!

:lol: Another poster informed me that I haven't been reading enough of all the hot threads. I don't do *crazy*.

If you are going to lambast because of previous knowledge, please add the context!

Well, isn't there a rule about saying things like, "don't feed the trolls," etc?

I don't know if you were referrng to me or not, but I certainly was not trying to cause problems. I've beenon this board sinse April, I think, and dnt have any posts and am not even on this site that often. When I saw the title of the thread, I assumed it was about falling from grace, or having faih then loosing it~more of a "do you believe in eternal securit" type ?. When I started reading all these posts, from HOMEschool mamas, I was simple shocked. I guess I live a pretty sheltered life, as I didn't realize there ARE witches??? How can someone be a witch? That is confusing to me. Also, I didn't realize there are people, who do not live as husband and wife, (MAN and WOman) who homeschool. That surprises me as well.

I guess I just thought hs was something christiand did, and didn't realize the culture is this. Insane! Yes, insane.

Christians do not own homeschooling. Just like there are a variety of people in the world there are a variety of homeschoolers.

Exactly what is insane? Loving couples with children? Religions other than Christianity? People who do not follow religion? Please explain.

I don't know if you were referrng to me or not, but I certainly was not trying to cause problems. I've beenon this board sinse April, I think, and dnt have any posts and am not even on this site that often. When I saw the title of the thread, I assumed it was about falling from grace, or having faih then loosing it~more of a "do you believe in eternal securit" type ?. When I started reading all these posts, from HOMEschool mamas, I was simple shocked. I guess I live a pretty sheltered life, as I didn't realize there ARE witches??? How can someone be a witch? That is confusing to me. Also, I didn't realize there are people, who do not live as husband and wife, (MAN and WOman) who homeschool. That surprises me as well.

I guess I just thought hs was something christiand did, and didn't realize the culture is this. Insane! Yes, insane.

Well you also don't like fat women with tattoos....

A person using the internet who is wide eyed and blinking at 2 mommies and 3 kids doesn't compute. It's as if she never heard of a gay couple with kids before. It's 2012. Seriously?

Believe it or not, I can believe it, generally speaking. I've seen all kinds of people on the boards with odd backstories. Haven't you?

You guys **made** me look. :lol:

Now, going to smell some mountain top air somewhere else. Geesh! (See signature) or go bake something...

Who is ready for kilts, goats and cupcakes?

Except for the troll, because we are not supposed to be feeding trolls. No cupcakes for trolls.

Believe it or not, I can believe it, generally speaking. I've seen all kinds of people on the boards with odd backstories. Haven't you?

I guess it's possible but I do have a hard time believing it. You would have to be working your bottom off, covered in sweat, to use the internet (especially being on forums) and only remain in your safe little bubble of "reality."

Well, isn't there a rule about saying things like, "don't feed the trolls," etc?

Touche :001_smile:. Somebody is going to have to PM a list of the suspected trolls so I can keep up.

Except for the troll, because we are not supposed to be feeding trolls. No cupcakes for trolls.

Goats? When did we add goats? (I go on vacation for three weeks, and totally lose touch with the boards. :glare:)

Uh...Really?

Let me get this straight...Hsing is the sole dominion of heterosexual Christians?

*laughs hysterically and uncontrollably*

Uh, no.

A person who is Wiccan is commonly referred to as a witch. (psst, 'Wiccan' is a religion, not a gender or nationality).

The 'culture' of hsing is inclusion...at least on THIS board.

Okay, I'll bite:

Yes, you do have posts and pretty darn controversial ones ;)

Yes, I do understand being pretty insulated; I was at one time also. So here it goes...there are MANY different types of people with different views on this board. We argue, but we try not to personally attack or offend one another (we try). Being "shocked" that someone of a particular situation exists, and exists on a HOMESCHOOL board, can be a bit offensive to that person.

Homeschoolers are not all Christians (in fact, Christians got on the bandwagon late). People homeschool for different reasons. Many here homeschool for educational reasons first, other reasons (including religious) second. Where some homeschoolers homeschool because they are Christian and don't want their children exposed to certain non-Christian ideals, there are also Atheist/Pagan/Muslim/Agnostic/Jewish/etc homeschoolers that homeschool because they don't want to expose their children to Christian ideals being pushed in their public schools (in certain areas of this country).

As to witches: what do YOU think a witch is? Is there only one definition of witch to you?

Be careful, you might appear to be a kilt wearing, cupcake eating, witch who sacrifices goats.

As to witches: what do YOU think a witch is? Is there only one definition of witch to you?

Green skinned and water avoiding, right?

I guess it's possible but I do have a hard time believing it. You would have to be working your bottom off, covered in sweat, to use the internet (especially being on forums) and only remain in your safe little bubble of "reality."

I don't live in bubble (foreign service brat) but I will share that until I got on these boards, I never knew people breastfeed their kids until 4 or 5 or that people were witches. True story.

ETA: Now that I come to think about, I never knew that much about evangelicals either.

Goats? When did we add goats? (I go on vacation for three weeks, and totally lose touch with the boards. :glare:)

Audrey was giving away goats in the pagan starter kit. And anyone who is not a Ken Ham groupie is eligible.

I'm so glad so many of you are able to keep cool heads and come up with coherent thought processes. I myself remain in shock lol and unable to form articulate come-backs.

I don't live in bubble (foreign service brat) but I will share that until I got on these boards, I never knew people breastfeed their kids until 4 or 5 or that people were witches. True story.

I was mainly thinking of gay couples with kids. The fact that she was just soooo amazed.

But, true, we should all be learning something new every day!

Be careful, you might appear to be a kilt wearing, cupcake eating, witch who sacrifices goats.

Oh no. I am Catholic. Much worse in certain circles.

But I am pro-cupcake. And pro-goat. And pro-kilt. So really, it is all good but the sacrificing. When my goat comes, he gets to live safely in the backyard.

I'm so glad so many of you are able to keep cool heads and come up with coherent thought processes. I myself remain in shock lol and unable to form articulate come-backs.

I think it's hilarious really.

Before I came to the Hive, I'd never heard of the Pearls or Ezzos.

I was happier in my ignorance.

Before I came to the Hive, I'd never heard of the Pearls or Ezzos.

I was happier in my ignorance.

no kidding

Audrey was giving away goats in the pagan starter kit. And anyone who is not a Ken Ham groupie is eligible.

Disappointed in KH, but still a YECer...can I still get a goat? I miss my goats.

... and she is apparently a huge fan of the Pearls. Methinks someone is trying to get this thread locked, lest discussions like this "pollute" a board that apparently some people think should be exclusively Christian. Or maybe she's just trolling for fun.

Jackie

I am still a follower of Christ, but have pretty much left the "Christianity" that I once knew. Let's just say that much of it didn't sit right with me. Too many conclusions that the organized church made didn't make sense.

Some years ago, I began wondering, What if we have it all wrong? What if Christians have it wrong? It has certainly happened in the past that Christians had some major themes completely wrong, and had to totally rethink them.

You expressed what I feel much better than I expressed my own feelings. But I wonder at my own temerity sometimes -- I think I must be unbelievably arrogant to second guess something that's been around as long as the church. And yet what it's become today just doesn't ring true for me.

Ok, it is one in the morning here, I have insomnia, and I probably have no business posting at this moment because I am not playing very nicely.

BE NICE LADIES... For all we know she was frozen back in 1952 and just thawed out and truely is shocked at all these shenanigans!

There I go again...

Where's the Unisom?

How about fat women with tattoos and no husband.

Plus we all know that *I* am the only one that actually owns homeschooling. It is a rule, all those that want to homeschool have to apply for a license from me. I grant them to anyone that can type a post without appearing to be an adolescent in serious need of typing and/or spelling lessons. They can me homosexual, heterosexual, christian, wiccan or anythiing except for stupid. I refuse to grant homeschool licenses to stupid people. I do however hand out signs.

So here's your sign *I'm Stupid* to anyone that thinks today is a good day to poke the hive.

For everyone else I have issued *troll-be-gone* spray. Apply liberally where ever you see a troll outbreak cropping up.

... and she is apparently a huge fan of the Pearls. Methinks someone is trying to get this thread locked, lest discussions like this "pollute" a board that apparently some people think should be exclusively Christian. Or maybe she's just trolling for fun.

Jackie

I think it's funny. But, when things get heavy, I laugh. I am just not serious enough to be so deep :lol:

Ok, it is one in the morning here, I have insomnia, and I probably have no business posting at this moment because I am not playing very nicely.

BE NICE LADIES... For all we know she was frozen back in 1952 and just thawed out and truely is shocked at all these shenanigans!

There I go again...

Where's the Unisom?

I was just thinking the same thing about myself. My pain levels are ramping up today, today I am becoming more growly by the minute.

Oh no. I am Catholic. Much worse in certain circles.

But I am pro-cupcake. And pro-goat. And pro-kilt. So really, it is all good but the sacrificing. When my goat comes, he gets to live safely in the backyard.

And we're Orthodox...you know, Gandalf the White and all that ;)

I don't know if you were referrng to me or not, but I certainly was not trying to cause problems. I've beenon this board sinse April, I think, and dont have myny posts and am not even on this site that often. When I saw the title of the thread, I assumed it was about falling from grace, or having faih then loosing it~more of a "do you believe in eternal securit" type ?. When I started reading all these posts, from HOMEschool mamas, I was simple shocked. I guess I live a pretty sheltered life, as I didn't realize there ARE witches??? How can someone be a witch? That is confusing to me. Also, I didn't realize there are people, who do not live as husband and wife, (MAN and WOman) who homeschool. That surprises me as well.

I guess I just thought hs was something christians did, and didn't realize the culture is this messed up in their thinking. It is insane.

Yes we as christians are to be loving and love people, but we are NOT to be tolerant of SIN! We love the gays but do not accept their lifestyle, and so on.

Jesus told the woman at the well, who HE DID forgive, to go and SIN NO MORE.

That's all. My views are complete opposite of most of yours, and I'm not here to debate. I won't be chaging my mind, as you likely won't either. I think its great to be able to share OUR own views, I was just completely taken back by all this!

:svengo::lol::svengo:

Where is that troll smilie?

How about fat women with tattoos and no husband.

Plus we all know that *I* am the only one that actually owns homeschooling. It is a rule, all those that want to homeschool have to apply for a license from me. I grant them to anyone that can type a post without appearing to be an adolescent in serious need of typing and/or spelling lessons. They can me homosexual, heterosexual, christian, wiccan or anythiing except for stupid. I refuse to grant homeschool licenses to stupid people. I do however hand out signs.

So here's your sign *I'm Stupid* to anyone that thinks today is a good day to poke the hive.

For everyone else I have issued *troll-be-gone* spray. Apply liberally where ever you see a troll outbreak cropping up.

:lol: