Menu

Postal AAARGH!

I ordered "A Syllabus for Introduction to Literary Analysis" (companion materials for Windows to the World) from IEW on August 17. They shipped it to me on August 22. I still haven't received it, so checked the delivery confirmation info.

* Shipment accepted on 8/22 in Locust Grove, OK.

* Shipment accepted at USPS sort facility 8/30 in Locust Grove, OK. It took EIGHT DAYS to move from one point to the other IN THE SAME TOWN? Wikipedia says the town is 0.9 square miles in area... EIGHT DAYS, really??

* Processed at USPS sort facility on 8/30 in Dallas, TX.

And my package still has to make it all the way to me, on the coast. No mail delivery on Sunday or Monday, and school starts Tuesday. Looks like we'll start high school behind schedule in English, which is so not what I was hoping for.

AAAAARGH!!!!!

I'm guessing the "Accepted in LG" that was the initial one in your list was simply the notice from IEW to the PO to expect the package was coming. Also did you get expedited shipping from IEW or not. In the past the regular shipping option could be media mail and that can sit in a facility for a long time if there is more mail that is of higher priority, sometimes there isn't enough room on the truck so the media mail is stuff that sits.

I live in VA and I've never had a package from IEW take more than a week tops to get to me.

I sympathize. I sold a math curriculum to a lady in HI. Sent it first class; should have arrived in 4 days. It fell off the radar on the 4th day and took TWO WEEKS to resurface. By that time I'd refunded her money. She was a doll to work with though, so patient. As soon as it arrived at her door, she sent the money again. It could have turned out badly for me though.