Menu

Anyone using OSU Spanish - I need help..

9th grade DS is using OSU Spanish I. He started last week, but is having problems figuring out when to do what. He is overwhelmed with the amount of work. The instructor said that he is trying to do too much each day. I've searched the OSU course site (where the instructor places the assignments) and the Estudio site (where you complete the assignments) and cannot for the life of me figure out a way to divide up the work so that it is not too much. There are so many 'green As' (those of you who are taking or have taken the course will understand 'green As)!

How are YOU getting all the work done by the deadline dates? How are YOU dividing up the work for your DC? Feel free to PM me.

Work is self paced so I'm not sure where the angst of time pressure or "deadline dates" is coming from. Where are you getting the dates from?

There is no time frame the class must be completed, you know that right?

Have you seen the pacing schedule? It's just a suggestion to ensure you finish by the end of May if that's your goal. However, there isn't anyone monitoring that progress/delay but you and your student as far as I know.

We're using that for now until dd gets overwhelmed. Seems to be going ok so far but it is A LOT of work and requires studying vocab.

Edited by momee

No angst here. My problems was that I could not organize in my mind how much to schedule ds to complete each day. We've figured it out after many conversations with Mrs. Klopp. We found out that many students were having the same problem because they integrated the the OSU and Estudio sites a little differently this year.

We're good now. Thanks.

No angst here. My problems was that I could not organize in my mind how much to schedule ds to complete each day. We've figured it out after many conversations with Mrs. Klopp. We found out that many students were having the same problem because they integrated the the OSU and Estudio sites a little differently this year.

We're good now. Thanks.

We're about to start a new course... with estudio for the first time.... Do you have any hints for the suddenly-newbie? :)