Menu

Anyone use Simply Charlotte Pet Shop Curric

Can either of you give a review of this? I *think* my DD would like it but it might just sit on the shelf.

I had my 9yo do it after finishing Miquon, to solidify arithmetic & get her facts really down cold, and fill in some time before moving on. She loved the idea of it, but after a few "months" it got tedious. It was good practice, and since I had her doing a "month" every couple of days it didn't take long. My 7yo wants to do the pet shop one when she finishes Miquon, and I think it was worth it enough that I'm willing to buy another set instead of just making her do the bookstore (I got the download so could print it again). I especially liked that it included some life skills, like writing checks and paying bills - that isn't included in many math programs but I think it's important.

I had my 9yo do it after finishing Miquon, to solidify arithmetic & get her facts really down cold, and fill in some time before moving on.
I used it for much the same reason.

DS loved it. I found it a bit tiresome after a while, but he continued to love it straight to the end. In fact, he is begging me to buy him the other two so he can do them on his own time.

DS's addition/subtraction skills took off after using this program.

I loved that it taught him how to write a check, so it was a good way to practice cursive. Also, he had to work hard to keep everything lined up, which was very beneficial to him.

We're on page 16, and I missed something about the chance card. This is the first time I've seen a reference and wondering if we lost an explanation/card to understand what to do with it.
I assume you have the teacher's manual?? They are in the back of that. As a PP said, cut the chance and additional sales cards up and put in separate envelopes. You pull one each month and do as the card says.

The chance cards actually ended up adding so much to the program. We talked about advertising, competitors, vandalism, building repairs, etc.

Thanks so much. I am sure I have the TM. I just haven't looked through it.

We're not that far into it, but I love the real world aspect of it and dd likes the entrepreneurial/pet aspect of it.

So far she's learned how to calculate sales tax, inventory control, and to write checks.

Hmmm, I was going to have her older sister do it w/her, but I was afraid it was too easy. Glad to hear it went over well w/your co-op.

Laura