Menu

Any BrainPOP Deals Out There?

JessMcG

:bigear:

$85 a year is about too steep, IMO. My two older kids love it, and DD has learned a lot (today she informed me that "Brainpop says darker wheat bread is healthier than lighter wheat bread."), but that's a lot of money to spend on something that they go a month or two without really watching.

Especially since they don't seem to update it or add new ones. If they were constantly updating the site, it might be worth it.

I know my kids watch it on their iPods, but the bigger interface on the iPad is better. There is a free movie every day on the unpaid app so try it out!

We typically watch 5 or so relevant movies per week and so it is worth it to us. I would cancel if we don't use it much this year. We particularly use the science and history topics. My son watches random ones for fun.

I miss the Online G3 subscription. I was so bummed that we lost that option. I loved having access to BrainpopJr and Brainpop for science especially. Losing it was a major bummer :( I wouldn't pay for both subscriptions. I think the current cost is way too high for how much we used it.

I was disappointed about not being able to subscribe through G3 this year too. I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that my local school district does subscribe and I was given access as a homeschooler.:thumbup:

Oh wow! Who did you call that gave you access in your district?

I did not need to call. My return letter from the superintendent accepting my homeschool affidavit, included the information about the BrainPop access. Evidently they also use a site called Study Island, but I have not yet received the log in information for that.