Menu

s/o Cupcake wars, best kid wars, etc.

I have not made any cupcakes lately. My poor, homeschooled kids will never be on the "Best Whatever" list at school. I suspect they wouldn't even if they were going to school, although DS9 would be in the running for class clown. But some applause, please.

- Neither of my DS warranted dire warnings from me today, a radical change from the first 7 days of this school year.

- Both of them finished 90% of their work.

- I cooked hamburgers (from real, frozen patties) instead of going out to eat before swim practice.

- I'm having a glass of wine right now because I want to, not because I need to tonight.

Anyone else have little victories today?

I left my ODS for the first time today. He has high-functioning autism and I've never taken him somewhere and actually left the premises before. I was so nervous, but he made it without incident. So, a huge victory for us, though I'm sure it seems little to many.

I left my ODS for the first time today. He has high-functioning autism and I've never taken him somewhere and actually left the premises before. I was so nervous, but he made it without incident. So, a huge victory for us, though I'm sure it seems little to many.

Ah, that's a real victory! Congrats to both of you!

Well, I might be inspired to make some brownies which would result in chocolate for me and an awesome mom award, as well. That could be my victory for today. :D

In all honesty, kids were great today and it's not their fault I am having a lousy day.

Dd (10) chopped the green beans for dinner tonight and helped her dad clean up.

Everyone pitched in with dinner so I can lie on the couch and pray I will not end up with a sinus infection.

I got the printer to work again and I *think* I'm done printing.

Ds is diligently taking care of the neighbor's dog while they are away this week. He goes over 3 times a day with no reminding from me. One can only hope this will transfer to his school work this year.

Ds also made me my Echinacea tea.

Definitely not facebook worthy, but there it is.

I think it is huge! Congrats!

I'll play!

My son, despite being shocked by the fact that there was more math than just correcting yesterday's work, managed to complete his assignment with minimal complaining.

Not once today did my teen daughter accuse me of not listening to her. She's getting ready for bed now so I think I'm safe!

My boys love homemade meatballs, but I'd stopped making them for a while because they took too long to make. Today, as we're still not back at school yet, I relented, on condition that they helped me, which they did. One boy chopped parsley, another chopped onion, another helped with breadcrumbs, while DS5 helped weigh out parmesan cheese. It took half an hour to make the mixture, then with everyone rolling it took just ten minutes to roll it all into balls. They were delicious, and we have two more meals worth in the freezer too. It made mummy very happy :001_smile:.

Not only went to communi college and got his own student I.d. Today, but he also (and this is the end of week two) went upstairs, pulled out his planner, and scheduled how much reading/ homework he would have to do each day to finish on time. Someone swapped out kids or something!

Seriously, if this kid can figure that out, there is literally hope for everyone! So excited!

My boys love homemade meatballs, but I'd stopped making them for a while because they took too long to make. Today, as we're still not back at school yet, I relented, on condition that they helped me, which they did. One boy chopped parsley, another chopped onion, another helped with breadcrumbs, while DS5 helped weigh out parmesan cheese. It took half an hour to make the mixture, then with everyone rolling it took just ten minutes to roll it all into balls. They were delicious, and we have two more meals worth in the freezer too. It made mummy very happy :001_smile:.

I don't believe you. I'm gonna need to see your meatball recipe as proof.

I don't believe you. I'm gonna need to see your meatball recipe as proof.

Better yet, send the Dss over with the recipe. I'm not going to homeschool them, though. They have to go home once the meatballs are cooked.

:lol: Not only do I have the recipe:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/453623/spaghetti-and-meatballs

I have photographic evidence :D:

[ATTACH]10166[/ATTACH]

THANK YOU! I've been looking for a good meatball recipe with sausage. Do you know the approx. weight of 8 sausages? Would it come out to about 50/50 beef/pork?

I LOVE how you covered yourself with photographic evidence :-)

:lol: Not only do I have the recipe:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/453623/spaghetti-and-meatballs

I have photographic evidence :D:

[ATTACH]10166[/ATTACH]

THANK YOU! I've been looking for a good meatball recipe with sausage. Do you know the approx. weight of 8 sausages? Would it come out to about 50/50 beef/pork?

That is HUGE!:)

-My dd4 (special needs) differentiated between a block & a bowl by picking up the right object when I named it & also by naming it correctly when I handed it to her.

-My ds9 had his first 4th grade math lesson today & he answered all of his problems correctly.

-My dd11 made 100% on her timed math fact drill.

-My ds9 & dd11 played well together after school today...no bickering!

Here 8 sausages are around 450g. I actually used a 500g packet of pork sausagemeat rather than 8 individual sausages. So it's roughly half sausagemeat to beef. This was a new recipe for us as for some reason DS8 had developed an aversion to meatballs made with just beef, but he adores sausagemeat in anything, another reason I agreed to indulge them yesterday, although in the end it was my treat :001_smile:. They don't know what they've let themselves in for :tongue_smilie:.

My boys finished ALL their school work in 3 hours today! It normally takes 5-6 hours, but daddy had off from work today so they wanted to finish quickly to play with him. They also handed in their writing assignments a day early, and NO ONE HAD A MELTDOWN! Oh, oh, one more! They willingly listened to (and sang along with) the Greek alphabet song, states and capitals song, and a chapter of Famous Men of Rome on my iPod on the way to run errands. :D

They also cleaned the entire basement/playroom, and DH vacuumed that AND the stairs. :hurray: