Menu

PSA: JAWM warning, effective until further notice

I'm not going to be my usual sweet, politically correct, supportive, honey-coated, neutral self for a bit.

I'm here to request a governors pardon in advance.

I might be more like Nickki Minaj at 4 a.m. and all tuckered out, so if you could please..JAWM or humor me somehow.

Rough waters everywhere I turn right now...so....

I'm probably not the only one. What you guys say we start a gigantic JAWM thread for the stressed for a week? Misery loves company and all that...:lol:

I'm not going to be my usual sweet, politically correct, supportive, honey-coated, neutral self for a bit.

I might be more like Nickki Minaj at 4 a.m. and all tuckered out, so if you could please..JAWM or humor me somehow.

I'm probably not the only one. What you guys say we start a gigantic JAWM thread for the stressed for a week? Misery loves company and all that...:lol:

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!! :hurray:

We haven't had a real trainwreck here for at least a week, so have at it! :D

I spilled half a can (yes, canned) of pickled beets on the floor. And I have those wide planks in the kitchen. It was awesome.

But I didn't even get mad or swear!

You've been drinking, haven't you? :tongue_smilie:

Because otherwise, there would have been swearing.

I spilled half a can (yes, canned) of pickled beets on the floor. And I have those wide planks in the kitchen. It was awesome.

But I didn't even get mad or swear!

That's no fun. Vicarious swearing would have made me feel better.

I took enough extra magnesium to help with my muscle cramping. Now I have the runs. :gnorsi:

You've been drinking, haven't you? :tongue_smilie:

Because otherwise, there would have been swearing.

:lol:

Maybe we need a "alcohol may be involved" acronym?

TUTI --typed under the influence

PAID --pardon all irrational diatribes

---

Think of some more? :lol:

I find that I post a lot more on Friday and Saturday nights. After a couple drinks, I just post whatever pops into my head instead over analyzing my posts.:tongue_smilie:

It's been raining here forever. I swear. I expect the dogs and cats to line up two by two any moment.

Everything is leaking - the washer, the sink, the roof. My 13 year old's mouth....

I just ate an entire four pack of Reese Cups by myself and now I wish I'd bought two. :glare:

The kittens made it very clear they required two litter boxes. Now I have to keep the dogs from using it as a buffet line!

I'm very ready for this week to be over.

OK, it's cupcakes then, isn't it?

Come on, spill it!

We need to know your secret! :D

AND my inlaws are coming on Monday, eating up (literally) my anniversary trip money and my house is a pig sty!

I hope it's nothing serious :crying:

I ended up taking a 30 minute nap after dinner. I made ds clean up everything from dinner. Before I was irritated and snappy, now I"m just grumpy. By bedtime I should be practically jovial. :glare: Just in time for insomnia to hit at 3 am.

I hear that. Which is worse, not sleeping and being a grumpy mess the next day or taking Ambien and being whacked out the next day?

When my DH returns from his never-ending, right through all my much needed prep time AND the first two weeks of both homeschool and private school business trip, he will likely find that a. He has a few less children, b. his wife has been arrested, c. He no longer has a wife because the children have buried her in the backyard, or d. The house has been burned down by the dog.

And I don't even care if my grammar sucks, I have a run on sentence or I killed a kitten! Oh, and if another one of my kids says "I'm just saying..." one more time, they may find themselves no longer able to "just say" anything at all.

Hmphhh.:glare:

Edited by Twinmom

Have you been reading my posts this week??

I am obviously :001_huh:....and :glare:

But....I try to do a lot of this :lol: anyway.

ETA: I did some drinking last night....trying to forget my lack of a stable future....and all it did was keep me up peeing every 1/2 hour....oh, and did I mention the 3 am fisticuff my 2 little guys had...because his brother was SLEEPING too loud??? ARG!

Edited by Mommyfaithe

:lol:

I find that I post a lot more on Friday and Saturday nights. After a couple drinks, I just post whatever pops into my head instead over analyzing my posts.:tongue_smilie:

Hey, IIRC, you were the one who already had all of the ingredients for that cake-vodka-whipped cream thing on the c-u-p-c-a-k-e thread, were you not? :D Maybe I'll round up the ingredients for that little item this Friday, and join you in some stream of consciousness posting!

My mouth hurts from dental work.

I can't drink alcohol because it makes me sick.

And I'm out of tylenol.

So I will join you in the grumping. And possibly in burying the kids in the back yard later.......

I wanna cupcake, but my mouth hurts too much to eat it.

I'm wranging w/UPS. AGAIN.

This time, they didn't bother to contact me to let me know that there wree taxes owing (which there SHOULDN'T be, that's another issue)...and if I'd not called today, they would have shipped my pkg back to sender. I should have just known psychically,that there was an issue, yanno.

The phone co decided that their inability to provide service to where I'm moving is my fault, cause I'm the one moving, and wants $300 out of me for cancelling my contract.

But, there is a laugh in there...I rec'd an email to take a customer satisfaction survey from the phone co after that call. I think I may have melted their server w/my response. :D

And I'm out of tylenol.

So I will join you in the grumping. And possibly in burying the kids in the back yard later.......

:grouphug:

I can't eat cupcakes because I have to stay gluten free AND lo carb, or my joints swell up and I need bigger shoes:glare:..( not to mention bigger pants)

:grouphug:

I can't eat cupcakes because I have to stay gluten free AND lo carb, or my joints swell up and I need bigger shoes:glare:..( not to mention bigger pants)

I make FABULOUS gluten free (and egg free) cupcakes. And I have a recipe for a low(ish) carb frosting. So I could fix that problem for you!

Alright, here's my JAWM post. DH is insisting I try to cut down our food bill. However, we moved into this house five months ago. The stove/oven was broken. It is STILL broken. Our money to replace it was put into an unexpected repair of the A/C. So, I have been cooking with a crockpot, a tiny microwave, and a counter top electric burner (that does NOT cook evenly or remotely bring water to a boil). I can barely figure out what to cook without worrying about cutting down the food budget:glare: Get me a freakin oven already!!!! I am so sick of crockpot meals that it isn't even funny.

This has been me lately, or as I told my FIL, "my filters are turned off".

If you ask me something, I will probably give you a very honest, not nicely put, answer.

If you push my buttons, I will do a lot more than just push back.

If you want to know how I feel, get ready for the levees to give way.

It has been more than a rough week, month, year.....

I'll join the party...

I'm sending my kids to school this year and I HATE it. Today was day number three and I woke up with a pit in my stomach as I realized that I have to do this for a WHOLE NINE MONTHS!!! I knew I would miss homeschooling, but sadly, that's not even my problem! It's all of the stuff - you know the packing lunches, signing forms, getting backpacks ready, etc. I know that millions of other mothers do this every day and don't think it's a big deal, but I find it exhausting!!! My mother can't believe that I find packing lunch boxes to be challenging. It is sad, but true. :tongue_smilie:

Dd had out-patient surgery earlier in the month and I got the bill today. :glare: this says it all (and we have insurance!!!).

Our car broke down and it costs more to fix it than it's worth. We borrowed money from my parents today to buy a new van (new to us). I know this is a no-no in the Dave Ramsey world, but it worked out for us. Love my new van, but hate that we have more debt.

I just got the kids to bed and would love to sit back with something yummy to drink like this ---

pouch_strawlite2b-1.jpeg

My best friend calls these Mommy Capri Suns. They are the best. :D

But sadly, my freezer is empty. I guess I'll just go pack the kids' lunch boxes and go to bed. :tongue_smilie:

The following is a true story...

Last night 30 minutes before 10 people were coming to our house for dinner, I made a horrifying discovery. I was frantically cooking and cleaning up my kitchen when I opened a low cabinet used to store potatoes and onions. I noticed a rotting potato so I pulled it out. I noticed a smell so I pulled more out. That's when the smell got deadly and I saw hundreds of ..... maggots! :eek: I almost died. I have had fruit flies and pantry moths in my kitchen, but never this.

Dh got it all cleaned out before anyone came and I said, "Let's just keep this between us!" And I won't be storing food in there anymore. We brought in fans, I sprayed lysol and the smell went away.

I'm cranky because I've been sleeping with my socks on since Sunday after burning my foot cooking. Yes. You read that right. I burned my foot cooking. I'm just that talented. :tongue_smilie:

Now I need to keep it covered so the blister (with more blisters on top of it) does not open. So I must wear socks, and they make me too hot at night. :mad:

And I'm out of tylenol.

I'm sorry. Sending you a virtual Vicodin. :chillpill: (It's been in the fridge. :tongue_smilie:)

Maybe some ice?

Here is my JAWM post.

I was speaking to my neighbor and the conversation just left me annoyed. Should I let it annoy me? No. But it did.

She mentioned getting cupcakes (yes, cupcakes) from the bakery, and went into great detail on how they were decorated and tasted. I told her I remember the frosting she was talking about, and I hope to find a recipe to copy it. Let me add here that she knows I'm celiac so therefore cannot eat from the bakery any more. Anyway, I went on to say that a few months ago I bought a container of Betty Crocker frosting and my kids didn't like it. My point was that the store bought frosting is just not as good as freshly made frosting like from the bakery or home. She said, "You are turning your babies into little spoiled things that will expect nothing but home cooked meals all the time. You need to feed them packaged food every now and then." Okay....

I ignored the comment. She mentioned that she had gone to Taco Bell the other day and asked if I can eat tacos. I said yes. She asked if I buy the tacos. I told her sometimes but that I made flat bread for pitas the other night and it was really good. She sighed and said, "Oh, it must be so nice to have time to do that. I just don't have that luxury."

At that point I gave up and told the kids it was time to go home. Why did it annoy me so much?

Here's why:

#1 I cook and bake so much from scratch because I *have* to. Not because I want to. I'm not some hippie crunchy wanna be. (This is my non-PC talk) She obviously has no clue how gluten is in so many things. Then factor in the cross contamination risk. So, I *have* to *make* the time to cook and bake from scratch.

#2 The time I take to cook is not a luxury. It's work cooking every single day all day. It's work mixing up the dough, rolling it out, cutting it out, and frying the flat bread. It's a lot easier to buy a package. Not an option.

#3 I cannot afford to buy a lot of packaged food. Gluten free packaged food is expensive. While her kid is munching on pretzels that she bought for $1.79 my kids don't get pretzels because a bag (half the size of normal bag) costs over $7. So again, when I'm cooking something like flat bread or bagels it's because I cannot buy the "regular" ones and the gf ones are 3,4,5,6x the price of what she pays.....and the gf package will have less items in it.

#4 I work hard all day teaching and raising my kids. By the time I have to cook dinner I am tired. Yet, I have to cook. I don't come home from work at 4 o'clock and dinner is done and waiting for me and my family like my neighbor. Yes, her mom lives right next door, watches her 3 yr old during the day (and many evenings/weekends), and cooks dinner every day so that when my neighbor comes home they all sit and eat.

So, at 5 when she is in the yard playing with her kid, I'm still cooking dinner. That's all I'm saying.

And let me add that I am very proud of myself for having made flat bread from scratch. It was good. My whole family loved them. I rock.

:bigear::bigear::bigear:

Gluten Free Chocolate Cupcakes

1 ½ C Tapioca flour

1 C Rice flour

1 Cup cocoa powder

1 ½ tsp xantham gum

2 ½ tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

¾ C butter @ room temp

2 ½ C white sugar

5 eggs (Use replacer of your choice)

2 tsp Vanilla

1 ½ C sour cream

Some milk for thinning if needed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use cupcake liners – about 12-24 depending.

Mix together the cocoa powder, xantham gum, baking powder and soda.

In another bowl , cream the butter. Beat in the sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg replacer. Add vanilla. Alternately add the sour cream and flour mixture.

Pour into prepared cups.

Bake about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. I would check it after about 15 minutes. Without eggs it cooks quick.

Frosting:

2 sticks butter at room temp

1 package cream cheese

1 can sweetened condensed milk

About ¾ to 1 C of cocoa powder (maybe need more or less)

Cream butter and cream cheese. Beat in the sweetened condensed milk. Add cocoa powder until it is spreading consistency.

Although I prefer to use: http://www.amazon.com/Pamelas-Products-Luscious-Chocolate-21-Ounce/dp/B000DZH19K/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1346291706&sr=8-8&keywords=gluten+free+chocolate+cake+mix

Or

http://www.amazon.com/Cherrybrook-Kitchen-Gluten-Dreams-Chocolate/dp/B002HQD3BI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1346291706&sr=8-7&keywords=gluten+free+chocolate+cake+mix

I only developed the above recipe because for a long while there was no such thing as a gluten free bake mix.

I hope you enjoy.:001_smile:

I've been eating gluten free. I have an intolerance, not celiac. I cheat about every 10 days. I had general Tso's chicken the other day and I am fighting the urge to finish off the Hostess lemon cupcake my dad brought us. I don't buy them, but I sure want one right now. Like right now.

I don't have the ingredients or the patience to cook anything GF right now.

I'm cranky because I've been sleeping with my socks on since Sunday after burning my foot cooking. Yes. You read that right. I burned my foot cooking. I'm just that talented. :tongue_smilie:

:lol: and sorry you have a bad burn. Burns suck. Maybe put an ice pack on your foot and another sock to hold the ice pack in place?

Those Mommy Capri Suns look fab!

I've been eating gluten free. I have an intolerance, not celiac. I cheat about every 10 days. I had general Tso's chicken the other day and I am fighting the urge to finish off the Hostess lemon cupcake my dad brought us. I don't buy them, but I sure want one right now. Like right now.

I don't have the ingredients or the patience to cook anything GF right now.

Two things to keep on hand as often as you can: Ben & Jerry's ice cream (read label for gf flavors) and Betty Crocker gf chocolate chip cookies/cake mix/brownie mix. Great for emergencies.

Alright, here's my JAWM post. DH is insisting I try to cut down our food bill. However, we moved into this house five months ago. The stove/oven was broken. It is STILL broken. Our money to replace it was put into an unexpected repair of the A/C. So, I have been cooking with a crockpot, a tiny microwave, and a counter top electric burner (that does NOT cook evenly or remotely bring water to a boil). I can barely figure out what to cook without worrying about cutting down the food budget:glare: Get me a freakin oven already!!!! I am so sick of crockpot meals that it isn't even funny.

I will agree with you, since my oven has also been broken for a year.

Buy a toaster oven at a thrift store.

I make baked chicken, meatloaf, enchiladas, pizza (little ones, mind you) cakes, muffins--- just about anything I want.

PM me if you want help---

otherwise---

Gripe at husband--- how DARE him ask more of you!!!!!

I have one that complains when the food goes bad in the fridge-- my fridge has two settings--- "the milk is warm" and "the lettuce is frozen"

I can have food go bad overnight (like lettuce) and sour cream (frozen--ick)

or last forever (frozen leftovers) but mostly everything is just unknown--

Instead if griping at me--- he could figure out how to repair the fridge....