Menu

Kindle Fire vs. Ipod Touch

Which toy?  

1. 1. Which toy?

• Kindle Fire
    • Ipod Touch
    • Other?

My birthday's coming, and I want a toy. Mostly to surf the net, possibly read a book, or play a silly game while nursing dd. Either would be reconditioned to cut costs. I don't have a smart phone, just a very basic pay-per-minute model.

What say the hive?

I'm voting Other, too. How about getting a refurbished first generation iPad? If you don't care about the camera, it's a great choice. Sure, the brand new one has a gorgeous Retina display, but the original is still very, very nice!

I have an iPad, an iPod Touch, and a Kindle Fire, and I think the screen is way too tiny on the Touch, and the Fire is nice enough, but the browser can be a little clunky (and again, I think the screen is too small if you're going to use it all the time.) The nice thing about the Kindle Fire is the Free App of the Day, but there are lots of free apps for the iPad, too.

I'm in the same situation. I got a Samsung Galaxy player. I have a kindle app, can surf the Web, can use Android apps, and it has a bigger screen than an iPod but is smaller than a fire or iPad.

I voted Kindle Fire because it would win out over the ipod touch just for screen size. It would be a tough choice between the Fire and the ipad and if it were me, the decision would be based on cost and size. The bigger screen is nice, but then again, the larger size is a minus if you want to be able to stick it in your handbag and take it with you.

I have both a Kindle Fire and an iPod Touch. Of the two, for what you want to use it for, I would choose the Fire. I downloaded a few games to my ipod, but the screen is so small so I never play them. With my ipod I only ever listen to music and take pictures with Instagram to upload to Facebook. I use my Fire for internet, Facebook, reading, games, etc. :)

I voted for Kindle Fire. I have both and it’s much more versatile. The one thing I like more about the Ipod is that I also have a Mac and so things like my calendar sync easily. That’s nice and convenient. I don’t know enough about technology things to answer if some “other” device would be better.