Menu

Ilove MUS teaching videos and Singapors workbooks... has anyone coordinated the 2?

Mom to 3+1

I would love to have the dvd's for MUS and use those with the singapore workbooks - has anyone taken the time to document which video and MUS chapter goes with which singapore exercise? am I making myself clear? I am in the lower levels, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Singapore 2nd and 3rd. Laura

I would love to have the dvd's for MUS and use those with the singapore workbooks - has anyone taken the time to document which video and MUS chapter goes with which singapore exercise? am I making myself clear? I am in the lower levels, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Singapore 2nd and 3rd. Laura

I think it would be very difficult to do this. Most people who use two programs just use them seperately, because usually you would use programs that are very different in their approach (mastery vs spiral or incremental). I hope someone has done this, as we are using the same two programs as you.

Not too helpful ...huh? Sorry.

I think it would be very difficult to coordinate the two as they are very different programs. MUS has such a different scope/sequence than Singapore. Even though they are both considered mastery programs, MUS is on the extreme, KWIM? You could combine the two programs and do them sort of separately, but to use the MUS DVD's w/ the Singapore workbooks would be very hard to coordinate. Many use both programs together and do both MUS worksheets and Singapore pages. I am using the MUS way of teaching to teach the concepts in Singapore and other programs I have on hand. HTH

I tried last year and found that Singapore introduced so much more so much earlier, I was skipping most of the book. For expamle, my 3 were doing MUS Beta and Singapore 2a, but Singapore starts multiplication and then division halfway through the book, so were skipping around. I love the way Steve "teaches" math, but my kids were bored with the redundance of the workbook pages... any thoughts? Laura