Menu

Swim Moms, help!

I bought some grab bags from swimoutlet.com and for one of my kids it was perfect. But my other daughter, who is going to be a big woman, she can't get the largest size Dolfphin suit (size 40) pulled up over her thighs.

What brands of suits run larger, or easier to pull up.

Thanks!

Edited by CalicoKat

I think that swim suits really need to be tried on before buying, as styles are so different even among the same brand. I love good quality Speedos, but you have to be careful where you buy them. The Speedos I bought at Costco were garbage and the bottoms became droopy very quickly.

Tyr is cut fuller and longer than speedo. Dolphin Uglies are cut small (probably what came in the grab bag), but reg dolphin fit fairly well. I believe Nike has a bit more room than a speedo also. Agon swim makes custom suits to fit, and you can pick the fabric type as well as the cut/style and design. http://www.agonswim.com Price is comparable to suits at full price anywhere. hth

Tyr is cut fuller and longer than speedo. Dolphin Uglies are cut small (probably what came in the grab bag), but reg dolphin fit fairly well. I believe Nike has a bit more room than a speedo also. Agon swim makes custom suits to fit, and you can pick the fabric type as well as the cut/style and design. http://www.agonswim.com Price is comparable to suits at full price anywhere. hth

It was a Dolphin.

I ordered a same size and one size up of a Barracuda yesterday. I was afraid to try anything else. I'll give the Tyr a try.

I think that swim suits really need to be tried on before buying, as styles are so different even among the same brand. I love good quality Speedos, but you have to be careful where you buy them. The Speedos I bought at Costco were garbage and the bottoms became droopy very quickly.

Agreed about trying them on. But there's no place locally that I know to do this.

I agree that brands vary. IMO, Nike also runs longer and wider than Speedo. For us, the Speedo and Sporti size charts have been very accurate.

HTH!

ETA: Is this for a swim team? If so, there should be someone to help with fit. My extra $0.02 :)

Edited by sunriseiz