Menu

Has anyone ever ordered wheat berries from Amazon, any good deals?

I get 50# Wheat Montana for about that price at Country Life Natural Foods co op. I don't know where you are though. When I first got my mill, I called Wheat Montana and asked how to get grain reasonably priced and close. They told me about Country Life. Maybe you could call and ask for your area? We also have an Amish store about an hour away that carries it.

Too bad you're not in the market for hard WHITE wheat. I have way to much and would be more than willing to sell you 25lbs for $28 ppd. I actually have closer to 40lbs that I would sell. I'll even put it in 5lb vacuum sealed packages with my food saver before I sent it. Oh and I have about 45lbs of soft white wheat I've decided I don't need at all. I bought it from honeyville grain and it's good stuff but my family just isn't coming around to the whole wheat stuff, they prefer I make things with KA flour instead.

Sorry to hijack this thread - but hoping someone here knows the answer to this question.....

A few months back I had a lean cuisine meal that I LOVED and didn't recognize one of the things in it - looked on the ingredient list and it turns out it was wheat berries.

Since then, I've looked online to buy them several times - and there are so many types and they usually say "for planting"...yikes! I don't want to plant them I just want to cook and eat them with rice/orzo/etc. I'm afraid to get the "wrong kind" since they come in such large varieties....

Can anyone recommend a good type of just plain old cook and eat wheat berries?

Sorry to hijack this thread - but hoping someone here knows the answer to this question.....

A few months back I had a lean cuisine meal that I LOVED and didn't recognize one of the things in it - looked on the ingredient list and it turns out it was wheat berries.

Since then, I've looked online to buy them several times - and there are so many types and they usually say "for planting"...yikes! I don't want to plant them I just want to cook and eat them with rice/orzo/etc. I'm afraid to get the "wrong kind" since they come in such large varieties....

Can anyone recommend a good type of just plain old cook and eat wheat berries?

Most of the recipes I see for this just use either hard white or hard red wheat berries.

I found these: http://www.amazon.com/Great-River-Organic-Milling-25-Pound/dp/B0049YK20Q/ref=pd_sim_gro_1 has anyone ordered them, they are about the price I would pay through UNFI, but really it may come out cheaper, since I wouldn't have to pay handling.

I haven't ordered the wheat berries, but I did get flour from that same company and it was just fine. Comparable to what I get from country life.

Too bad you're not in the market for hard WHITE wheat. I have way to much and would be more than willing to sell you 25lbs for $28 ppd. I actually have closer to 40lbs that I would sell. I'll even put it in 5lb vacuum sealed packages with my food saver before I sent it. Oh and I have about 45lbs of soft white wheat I've decided I don't need at all. I bought it from honeyville grain and it's good stuff but my family just isn't coming around to the whole wheat stuff, they prefer I make things with KA flour instead.

I really prefer the red wheat over the white, I don't know why, I just think it makes a better bread. Sorry to hear that your family isn't coming around.

I could be in for that

I really prefer the red wheat over the white, I don't know why, I just think it makes a better bread. Sorry to hear that your family isn't coming around.

I understand, just thought I'd offer. I hope you get more response to your question.

I could be in for that

I PM'd you.