Menu

Clueless: What's up with "cupcake?"

I keep seeing "cupcake" around here lately. I have no idea what it means.

:glare:

:bigear:

I know, I'm clueless. I try to read between the lines, but I'm not getting it from context. The urban/slang dictionaries online list so many meanings, I'm still torn between (a) pat on the behind, (b) fart thrown in someone's face, and © something I will not type out on any forum, much less this one.

Well?

I thought it had to do with the big thread where the op was mad about her sister (or sil?) bringing cupcakes to school when it's against the school's rules.:confused: I didn't read past the first few pages, but that was a pretty heated discussion.

If it's not that, than I have no idea.

I thought it had to do with the big thread where the op was mad about her sister (or sil?) bringing cupcakes to school when it's against the school's rules.:confused: I didn't read past the first few pages, but that was a pretty heated discussion.

If it's not that, than I have no idea.

Yes, that's the one... but then it got goofy and everyone was talking about being pro-cupcake (and kilts!) as a way to calm the situation. It was pretty fun to read, but it was a LOOONG thread full of silly fun and it was eventually locked.

I've been wondering too. I think we were away when it was all happening. I must say it does sound a much more wholesome obsession than kilts and Ryan Gosling.

:001_smile:

Never fear, kilts and Ryan Gosling made appearances, though we could not come up with Ryan with a cupcake. That was sad. :(

It involved an angry op who thought her SIL was awful for bringing birthday cupcakes to school that had a no treats policy. A kerfluffle ensued involving kilts, Ryan Gosling, goats allergies, parenting, and some discussion about the op and her beef with the SIL's behavior. :tongue_smilie:

I think it's still there if you do a search. Definitely an important part of Hive lore. Should probably be required reading.

But be careful what you say, because many cupcake-related threads after that got closed or deleted.