Menu

7th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina

It's that one day of the year my Facebook page is lit up with posts from friends around the world with one thing in common. We all lived in NOLA during Katrina. As many friends who still live there are facing Isaac, I think today is proving to already be harder than the last few years. I can't sleep so I thought I would check in here. I blogged about our experience if anyone is interested. (because what else should you do at 3am when you can't sleep!) :lol: (disclaimer: Major CC) ;)

Any other NOLA/MS Gulf Coast people having a hard time today? Hope those from NOLA either evacuated or are staying safe! :grouphug:

From Louisiana. I can't sleep because a hurricane is hitting LA (something in my DNA). My baby sister is locked into her dorm at Tulane. They have no power right now, so I am updating her while I watch the Weather Channel. I know it's not that bad, but still. I am just hurting for Louisiana right now.

From Louisiana. I can't sleep because a hurricane is hitting LA (something in my DNA). My baby sister is locked into her dorm at Tulane. They have no power right now, so I am updating her while I watch the Weather Channel. I know it's not that bad, but still. I am just hurting for Louisiana right now.

:grouphug: Hope your sister is staying safe and the storm passes without incident. A bunch of our friends are without power as well...hopefully it passes quickly.

:grouphug::grouphug: I'll say a prayer for her and you. :grouphug::grouphug:

:grouphug: Hope your sister is staying safe and the storm passes without incident. A bunch of our friends are without power as well...hopefully it passes quickly.

The big dummy is hanging out on the 4th floor balcony posting Titanic-like pictures on FB. She's fine. I'm not that worried. The hurricane Andrew anniversary hit me harder. Staying up kinda worrying is just a Louisiana thing.

The big dummy is hanging out on the 4th floor balcony posting Titanic-like pictures on FB. She's fine. I'm not that worried. The hurricane Andrew anniversary hit me harder. Staying up kinda worrying is just a Louisiana thing.

:) Friends of ours were posting videos of the lake roaring. Silly storm chasers. ;)

I "know" it's not a big storm, but even if it is not rational you don't breathe easily until it's over. ;)

:) Friends of ours were posting videos of the lake roaring. Silly storm chasers. ;)

I "know" it's not a big storm, but even if it is not rational you don't breathe easily until it's over. ;)

:lol: Gosh yes!!! I've been through countless hurricanes. We laugh at Cat 1 storms. And yet her I am. Awake at 2:45am. And I will wake up early just to call my big dumb sister and make sure she's ok.

My dd interned in NOLA with a missions organization up until last month. Now, she is safely in MO. I feel for the people of NOLA, I know, second hand, how much work has gone into rebuilding from Katrina. Not just homes, but lives. And, now this. As a mom, I am ever so thankful she is not there right now. But her heart is, she texted me yesterday that she wished she could be there. I'm thanking the Lord that she is not.