Menu

I just heard 'Kerfluffle' used on TV!

Did you hear kerf -L-uffle, or kerf-U-ffle? I'm not trying to be snarky at all, just wondering. I see it written with the 'L' on this board some of the time, but have never heard it that way IRL. We always say kerfuffle! (I'm in Australia! :D)

I've always wondered if it's just a spelling error, or if people really say it with the 'L'.

ETA: obviously I was writing while PP was posting! :-)

I had never heard that word outside of here. A reporter on PBS, while talking about the RNC said something about the KERFLUFFLE in the party.

FTR, I watched a whole 30-60 seconds of it. :tongue_smilie:

You might maybe want to edit out your last line. Unless you'd like to begin a kerfuffle of your own and/or get deleted ;)

You might maybe want to edit out your last line. Unless you'd like to begin a kerfuffle of your own and/or get deleted ;)

Why? Is only catching a minute or less clip of news verboten now?

I love that my iPhone has learned kerfuffle. I only have to type k-e-r-f and it finishes for me. Gooooood iPhone. Pat pat.

I love that my iPhone has learned kerfuffle. I only have to type k-e-r-f and it finishes for me. Gooooood iPhone. Pat pat.

I thought the same thing. :tongue_smilie:

There are two sentences on the first line of her post.

Well, maybe i'm reading political bias into the statement. Some of us are enthusiastically watching the convention coverage.