Menu

What in the world is wrong with me. I just fainted!?

Some type of radioactive stuff for the scan I had. He said it was very little. I had to fast for it, but I had some fruit and a yogurt @ 9:30ish.

Sorry to be going on so much lately with medical stuff. I just feel like I am falling apart. Maybe cause I am turning 40? LOL

Some type of radioactive stuff for the scan I had. He said it was very little. I had to fast for it, but I had some fruit and a yogurt @ 9:30ish.

I'd call the place where you had the scan and tell them what happened. See if that is possible. Make sure you keep your feet up. Do you have anyone near-by to help in case it happens again? All of your children are little, aren't they? You don't want to pass-out with all of those wee-ones there.

I would think if it was a reaction to the IV that you would have had it at the scan though. It may just be from the fast and then the scan. But I'm not a doctor. You need medical advice. Make sure you are hydrated also.

Keep us posted.

I just called and he said there should be no reaction and he thinks it was from the fasting. I did eat and I am going to veg for a bit before I try standing LOL. Never a dull moment with me lately.

If everything was normal with the scan I see him in 2 weeks, if they found a leak or whatever, he said he'd call.

Sorry for being such a whiner :(:blush5:

You're not being a whiner, Jean! Your body has been through a lot...

Did you drink something as well as eat? (Were you avoiding liquids as well as solid foods?) ... Ds passed out from dehydration a couple of weeks ago, and with this heat, no wonder! So in addition to eating, make sure you get some salt and h2o... And rest! Feel better soon...

I just called and he said there should be no reaction and he thinks it was from the fasting. I did eat and I am going to veg for a bit before I try standing LOL. Never a dull moment with me lately.

If everything was normal with the scan I see him in 2 weeks, if they found a leak or whatever, he said he'd call.

Sorry for being such a whiner :(:blush5:

Nope!!! Not a whiner! I'd be a mess too. You've been through a LOT lately. I'm glad you're getting it all figured out. (Hopefully!)

Thank you guys. I did have to not drink too, but I just downed 2 cups of water LOL. Gotta get rested up for my starbucks trip this afternoon :lol:
I'd make sure you had some food in your tummy before the Starbucks trip! Caffeine in your body right now wouldn't be too great. Can you get it decaf? Course, where's the fun iin that? ;)

Take care of yourself! Allow yourself the rest you need and let your teens take over for awhile!

Just like the others, I suspect low blood sugar/dehydration. Try to not drink anything caffeinated, caffeine is a diuretic and can work against the increased fluids.

Since you have already eaten something quick by now, try some protein with complex carbohydrates (meat sandwich on ww bread) to get your body back to normal for the rest of the day. Avoid a lot of sugary sweet items, and simple carbohydrates that can cause your blood sugar to roller coaster for the rest of the day. If you feel like you need a sweet later, have something with nuts (if you can with your recent surgery) and maybe chocolate to give you a longer blood sugar boost than simple sweets.

Hope you feel better soon,

Tap

Sorry to be going on so much lately with medical stuff. I just feel like I am falling apart. Maybe cause I am turning 40? LOL

Probably low blood sugar. This happens to my dd every now and then.

Eat something, drink some water, and get some rest.

((((Jean))))