Menu

Photographers - I need help retrieving jpgs from the site we used to print them.

Last year my dds both entered several photos in our local fair and they both came away with a judge's choice award in their age group.

Now they want to enter a couple of online competitions with these same photos, and I have since switched to a new desktop and somehow this one group of photos ( the ones we printed for the fair ) are all missing. I have ran searches in My Pictures, gone through flash drives hoping they were on there for some reason, and am now searching through all the photo discs to no avail.

I checked Sam's photo section on their website ( I used them to print the original 8 X 10s ) and there are the photos in my account but I can't figure out how to retrieve a copy of the files they need.

Any ideas????

Thanks,

Cindy

PS Both contests they will be entering require the kids to submit a digital file rather than a print.

Add the images to your cart as if to print. Then in your shopping cart select 'Photo CD'. They are not that expensive and for images such as these well worth the couple of bucks they charge. I don't see any other way to get the digital copies from Sams Website. Although you could call them and ask just to double check.

My son and I are very active photographers. And my first rule is to back all our favorite photos up to an off-site storage host. We use SmugMug which lets you upload and download originals. And it also acts as a nice gallery for our images. Here is our site just to give you an idea: http://landandseaphoto.smugmug.com/galleries

I highly recommend you do this once you retrieve their prize winning photos.

Thanks so much. I can't believe I didn't think about a disc. I have contacted Sam's and have a cd on order. This is a lifesaver.

Your photos were stunning. I will definitely check out Smug Mug.

Cindy

Glad to help Clindy. :D I always appreciate hearing about young photographer and would really enjoy seeing their work at some point.

SmugMug is a very good deal for all that you get including unlimited storage starting at $40/year. It also gives them a great place to showcase their photos to family, friends and others.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/photo-sharing-features/

Derek,

Thanks again. I will try to attach one of each girls' photos. Actually, these are the ones we were trying to retrieve. Got the disc and uploaded them to the computer already. They are now 14 and 11 (they were 13 and 10 last year when these were taken).

Thanks so much for the help,

Cindy

post-197-13535087435826_thumb.jpg

post-197-13535087436348_thumb.jpg

post-197-13535087435826_thumb.jpg

post-197-13535087436348_thumb.jpg