Menu

You try to raise 'em right...

and they just.don't.get the color coding system right. :lol:

Honestly, how hard is it? Math is red, science is green, history is yellow, English is blue. Always has been, always will be. When you say those words, that's the color!

That's what I get for raising them to think for themselves.:glare::D

No, no, no.

Math is purple.

English is green.

Bible is red.

Literature is light green.

History is blue.

Geography is teal.

Science is orange.

Nature study is olive green.

Music is pink.

Latin is gray/grey.

French is brown.

German (later) will be burgundy.

Get it right, Mom. :D

No no no,

Math is Blue

English is RED (this includes all Language Arts related subjects

History is ORANGE (this includes geography)

Science is GREEN

Foreign Language is YELLOW

Art is PURPLE

Music is BROWN

:lol:

Of course this is only for my planning pages, in the eyes of my kids it's all a moot point because they are also color coded. Oldest is Green, DD is Blue and Youngest is Red (their choices not mine)

No no no,

Math is Blue

English is RED (this includes all Language Arts related subjects

History is ORANGE (this includes geography)

Science is GREEN

Foreign Language is YELLOW

Art is PURPLE

Music is BROWN

:lol:

Of course this is only for my planning pages, in the eyes of my kids it's all a moot point because they are also color coded. Oldest is Green, DD is Blue and Youngest is Red (their choices not mine)

What? Art is purple? What? :D Hey, I don't even have a color for art. :glare:

Art is lavender. ;)

No, no, no.

Math is purple.

English is green.

Bible is red.

History is blue.

Geography is teal.

Science is orange.

Music is pink.

Latin is gray/grey.

French is brown.

Almost, except that Latin is definitely black and science is indeed green. If I had a choice, French would be a pink but on the purple side.

Almost, except that Latin is definitely black and science is indeed green. If I had a choice, French would be a pink but on the purple side.

French should be mauve, provided you actually pronounce the word correctly. And "mawv" is NOT the correct pronunciation!

I don't actually color-code our subjects (I run out of color ink far too often to worry about printing color-coded planning pages!)--I was just answering based on the mental associations I have with the subjects:

Like I said, math = red

Science--green for obvious reasons

History--definitely brown. You know, dust and dirt, archaeologists digging stuff up, and professors in tweed jackets.

Latin--yellow, but not sure why.

English/LA--blue, but with a strong secondary leaning toward brown as well. Probably the tweed jacket thing again.

Music I think of as red too, and geography is another blue. I guess it's a good thing I don't try to organized our subjects by color! :tongue_smilie:

Nope,

Math has puppies

English has ponies

Science has leaves

Unless you're the older kid who has to have plain folders

Math is yellow

science is green

history is black

English is blue

Music is white

Latin is red

Math has puppies? English has ponies? I knew we were missing something.

No, no, no.

Math is purple.

English is green.

Bible is red.

History is blue.

Geography is teal.

Science is orange.

Music is pink.

Latin is gray/grey.

French is brown.

i think I HEART you -- doi you hire out, will you come to my house for cookies .....

Red is passion!

Math is whatever color Singapore Math says it is that year.

You know, a decent label maker could make it so the color freaks and color blind could coexist.

no it can't -- i have one -- but the kids still can't read that well but they can tell colors

I am also wondering this...

And no one will answer!!!!! They just keep posting colors. I've *NEVER* been so mad at the forum! :cursing:

:tongue_smilie: I keep thinking maybe it's a conspiracy to not answer or everyone is so ADD that they *mean* to answer but then "Oh look more pretty colors!" :lol:

And no one will answer!!!!! They just keep posting colors. I've *NEVER* been so mad at the forum! :cursing:

:tongue_smilie: I keep thinking maybe it's a conspiracy to not answer or everyone is so ADD that they *mean* to answer but then "Oh look more pretty colors!" :lol:

I don't get it either. Is it a large family thing? I only have two kids and they're 4 grades apart. I've never confused one child's books for another's.

no it can't -- i have one -- but the kids still can't read that well but they can tell colors

Funny story. I labeled DS's toy bins before he could read. (I used masking tape and a marker. I'm not organized enough to own a label maker.). One day, he confronts me angrily and demands to know WHY he has a bin labeled "goody bag crap."

I don't get it either. Is it a large family thing? I only have two kids and they're 4 grades apart. I've never confused one child's books for another's.

Yes, although we don't really do it for school books. They all have to keep track of their own books. For fun I put some of "their" color on their Tapestry of Grace binders, but really it's mainly for water cups.

For the concerned/confused/curious: I think for most peopel the color-coding is to quickl;y identify materials for each subject- all History books have a red dot on the spine, use red folders, red biners, and red ink for the place ont he schedule.

For the enlightened ones like myself :D i color-code by child- my "orange" child gets orange folders/notebooks/binders/dots on pens/etc. Keeps arguments to a minimum and allows older children to have nicer art supplies.

Math has puppies? English has ponies? I knew we were missing something.
English has KITTENS... unless they were killed by stay apostrophes.

OMW - I never thought of what will happen when my oldest is out of the house - what will we do without the first rainbow color?! :confused:

fwiw,

ds17

dd14

dd9

ds7

dd6

dd3

RAINBOW- LOVE IT!

Funny story. I labeled DS's toy bins before he could read. (I used masking tape and a marker. I'm not organized enough to own a label maker.). One day, he confronts me angrily and demands to know WHY he has a bin labeled "goody bag crap."

:lol::lol::lol: