Menu

Any recommendations on places to stay in or around Virginia Beach?

DH wanted to make a trip to the beach sometime in September and I'm searching to try to find a place to stay. I don't care about staying 'on the beach' - we actually are going for something else, though we may try to get to the beach itself at some point over the weekend that we are there.

Any suggestions?

No ideas, but bumping this up because we are hoping to go there in October and don't know where to stay either.

I have found several listings by googling Virginia Beach hotels and Virginia Beach vacation rentals. HTH

PS: might be wise for both of us to check on hurricane cancellation policies!

We go about twice a year and always stay somewhere different because the rates always change. I usually use hotels.com and find the hotel I want at the rate I want then I usually book it through the hotel website to avoid fees.

Where are you going? You didnt ask, but... We like to stop at the Army Transportation Museum at Fort Eustis on the way down (free). Visiting the Air Power Park (I think in Hampton?) is always fun and free! The Air and Space museum (Hampton?) is very interactive for the kids. At least drive by the Battleship Wisconsin if you go through Norfolk. You have to pay to go on it now, but I think they opened up the inside!

We love visiting VA Beach, esp in the off season when hotels are super cheap. I do my usual game of hotels.com and hotwire.com to see how prices are running (in smaller towns like VA Beach, you can sometimes figure out which hotel is offering which blind price), then I go to Priceline and underbid the hotwire price.

That's only perfect, of course, if you don't particularly care where you stay and are focused on price. :D

The Candlewood Suites on Bonney Rd. is supposed to be nice. It's just down the street from us.

Also, there is a fantastic Mediterranean restaurant on that ride -- Azar's. You will also be close to our new Town Center.

There's a homeschooling bookstore in the area too. Pm me if you want my phone # for any questions.

Thanks all.

I'm mainly looking for hotel recommendations. We are not actually going just to 'go to the beach' - we will probably go once over the course of the weekend but our actual reason for visiting is not beach related.

We are well acquainted with the beaches in the area - fil grew up in vb, and DH visited often growing up. We only recently have had to look for a hotel, however, because DH's grandparents lived there up til a few years ago - we always just stayed with them. :) The last couple of times we went I either wasn't pleased with the hotel or it wasn't in the area we are looking for this year.

Anyway, thanks again!