Menu

King Tut help

We are taking all of our dc to the King Tut exhibit next month. Our older 3 are excited and intrigued.

What I would like are some links, books, movies, whatever, that you can recommend for a developmentally delayed 9 year old, a 7 year old, and a 4 year old to drum up their excitement and give them a connection to the exhibit before we go.

Does that make sense? :confused:

We are taking all of our dc to the King Tut exhibit next month. Our older 3 are excited and intrigued.

What I would like are some links, books, movies, whatever, that you can recommend for a developmentally delayed 9 year old, a 7 year old, and a 4 year old to drum up their excitement and give them a connection to the exhibit before we go.

Does that make sense? :confused:

Someone started a thread about a book series available as audio for a low download price of (I think) 2 dollars a book.

It is called, "Who was" and one of the books is, "Who was King Tut".

We went when it was here in Germany a while back. Indy is a HUGE fan of all things King Tut. He's read the following:

Tut's Mummy: Lost and Found (Step Into Reading-4)

The Curse of King Tut's Mummy (Stepping Stone Book)

Who was King Tut?

Inside the Tomb of Tutankhamen

And a whole host of others that I can't think of right now.

We're going to Egypt next month (SQUEEEE!) and will visit the Egyptian Museum and get to see the real Tut. I'm afraid Indy may explode from sheer excitement. :D

We went when it was here in Germany a while back. Indy is a HUGE fan of all things King Tut. He's read the following:

Tut's Mummy: Lost and Found (Step Into Reading-4)

The Curse of King Tut's Mummy (Stepping Stone Book)

Who was King Tut?

Inside the Tomb of Tutankhamen

And a whole host of others that I can't think of right now.

We're going to Egypt next month (SQUEEEE!) and will visit the Egyptian Museum and get to see the real Tut. I'm afraid Indy may explode from sheer excitement. :D

I would be popping my top in sheer excitement, too!!!!! :party: That is just awesome!! :D

This thread has some good recommendations:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/showthread.php?t=405327&page=2

Tutankhamen's Gift is a beautiful book.

We went when it was in Altanta. It was amazing.

I would get an Usborne book on Egypt and talk to them about other Egyptian rulers, familiarize them with the jewelry, artwork, etc. because there was a lot of it there and it will be more exciting if they have seen some of it in pictures. I realize that is what you are doing. I am just saying that I focused a lot on Tut, which they were already interested in, and wish I had spent more time building their interest in the parts of the exhibit that might be a bit boring to them.