Menu

Do you respond to ads on your Facebook sidebar?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you respond to ads on your Facebook sidebar?

• I sometimes click on these ads.
    • I rarely or never click on such ads.
    • I loathe these ads, and would think less of a company for using them.
    • I am not on Facebook.

I don't think you are obligated to even glance at the ads. I just think it is unfair to *complain* about them when one is getting a free product or service. :001_smile:

Oh sure! :) Except...the poll offered a *loathing* option. :) (Which, I feel compelled to share, I did *not* choose. I can't loathe something I never see. :tongue_smilie: )

I checked no facebook.

I use google & wikipedia a lot. I just skimmed the wiki article on 'homeschooling' and did not see (when skimming) a mention of WTM, although there was a link to WTM in 'classical education movement' wiki. But what's his name -- Rushdoony, yuck -- was mentioned.

I found a SWB wiki, but not a WTM wiki, Googling Homeschooling curricula brought up HomeSchoolReviews on the first page, but not WTM.

Can you work on getting better results for your your google profile? Get more wiki coverage. This is such a great resource.

I don't mind Facebook ads, but I never click on them. The reason is that I always thought clicking on ad links could end up giving me issues with a virus or malware. I guess in my mind, they look a lot like the ads that pop up on other sites that I know are suspect.

It's a shame, because I think targeted ads are much better than random ads. There are ads I do not want to see.

:iagree:with the bolded.

I don't EVER click on the ads. Several friends have had unauthorized and unwelcome postings on their facebook pages because they clicked on the wrong thing and got hacked. I have no idea if it was an ad they clicked. I'm too scared. :glare:

I rarely click on the ads. Although I'd prefer a homeschooling ad over some of the ones I get.

And just where are the Ryan Gosling cupcakes? I saw the tag and thought...:lol:

Thus proving that if they ran an add featuring Ryan Gosling cupcakes, many of us would click on it.

I click on them when they are relevant to me. Trouble is, there are always some doozies on there that I totally ignore. It seems as if there are some subjects which will show up constantly if you've done as much as one google search on them. I do click on ads that are local or for things I'm interested in.