Menu

Miele vacuum owners

Hello Ladies,

My beloved Kenmore finally died and they don't make it anymore. I purchased a Miele canister vacuum and it is working out very well for me. The trouble is the full bag indicator. It seems to slide to more or less red depending upon the suction at the moment. Does anyone want to tell me when I'm supposed to change the bag???

My bag needs changing every month or so. I'm kind of aware of how long it's been between changes. The red bar "grows" as the bag becomes more full, but it's not very accurate. I don't worry about the bar very much; I just check the bag itself occasionally to see how full it actually feels.

I don't think our "bag full" indicator has ever really worked right. That said, check the manual cuz I don't remember, you're either supposed to read it when it's running or when it's NOT running, but not both, and I can't remember which is right. Usually, I just open it up every once in a while and feel the bag.

My DH loves the Miele. I have a love/hate relationship with it cuz I hate dragging around canister vacs. :/ Someday I'm going to buy or invent a cordless vac that I can strap on like a backpack with a long flexible hose so it will go anywhere easily. No "recalcitrant puppy" canister to drag around, no cord to get tangled up in. That's my dream.

Or floors that vacuum themselves from underneath through tiny holes in the flooring and some sort of suction system underneath. :lol:

My bag needs changing every month or so. I'm kind of aware of how long it's been between changes. The red bar "grows" as the bag becomes more full, but it's not very accurate. I don't worry about the bar very much; I just check the bag itself occasionally to see how full it actually feels.

"You have to think." is NOT the answer I was looking for. Grrrrr! :D

I would love to help, but my post-Kenmore Miele is too new to change the bag yet :001_smile:

:lurk5:

Mine too, but that red thing is beginning to move and I just don't know what to make of it. My Kenmore had a light.

With mine I just open it up from time to time and prod the bag to see how full it is. I'm a bit mean over vacuum bags, so only when it's fairly stuffed do I change it. The Miele vac is so good it still has very good suction even when the bag is a bit too stuffed :tongue_smilie:. I've had my Miele cannister vac for five years now, it mostly lives in the kitchen where it is used up to three times a day (I have a Dyson for carpets in other parts of the house) and I love it :001_smile:.