Menu

PR to AAS

Hedgehogs4

We went the other way, AAS1 and 2, and then to PR1. I've heard PR1 covers through AAS3 but I don't actually have that level. PR2 finishes off your basic spelling rules. In PR3 the first half reviews all the spelling rules, the second half moves to prefixes, suffixes, and stems with more the focus on that and grammar than the spelling. You are reinforcing the rules with your spelling lists, but you are done will all your building codes.

We switched after PR1. I would skip AAS1 all together. AAS3 would probably be the right level. Some of it will be review and then some new. I agree that PR1 covers AAS1, 2 and part of 3. Have you looked at the TOC for AAS? That gave me a good general idea of what is covered in each level. We breezed through levels 1 and 2 since I was able to borrow them from a friend. AAS 3 does use the cards from level 2 so it might be a good idea to get those if possible.

We much prefer AAS as it is open and go with no videos to watch and the all in one approach just wasn't working even though I really wanted it to. Also, it is cheaper and we will be able to use MCT this way. :)

Edited by linguistmama

We switched after PR1. I would skip AAS1 all together. AAS3 would probably be the right level. Some of it will be review and then some new. I agree that PR1 covers AAS1, 2 and part of 3. Have you looked at the TOC for AAS? That gave me a good general idea of what is covered in each level. We breezed through levels 1 and 2 since I was able to borrow them from a friend. AAS 3 does use the cards from level 2 so it might be a good idea to get those if possible.

We much prefer AAS as it is open and go with no videos to watch and the all in one approach just wasn't working even though I really wanted it to. Also, it is cheaper and we will be able to use MCT this way. :)

Thanks! this is just what I was wondering. I actually have 1, 2 and 3 and all the cards, etc, from my ds using them. Now I am ready to start them with dd, so what to buy is not an issue. It is the time factor and the videos for PR that have been my sticking point, as well. I would much prefer a TM and videos to supplement the lessons that are more difficult to convey.