Menu

Potty training refusal

My 2 year old son is now rejecting potty training. He was doing so well and then I stopped focusing on it when I was preparing for our school year. Now school has started and he is regressing. He went from peeing on the potty 4 to 6 times a day to nothing at all.

This is strange for me my two older boys were both potty trained by 2 1/2. Any ideas to help him get over this hump.

this just happened to friend of mine. the more she pushed the more her dd regressed. I gave her some leftover pull-ups and told her daughter it was fine to use them and when she was ready to be a big girl again, she wouldn't need them anymore.

I told my friend that this is one thing a 2 year old can control and she is showing that control. it was not a hill to die on at 2. at 5 years old, maybe.

she used them for about a week. then decided she didn't need them and all is well.

robin

My 2 year old son is now rejecting potty training. He was doing so well and then I stopped focusing on it when I was preparing for our school year. Now school has started and he is regressing. He went from peeing on the potty 4 to 6 times a day to nothing at all.

This is strange for me my two older boys were both potty trained by 2 1/2. Any ideas to help him get over this hump.

Yes. Drop it entirely. He'll train in absolutely no time when he's ready.