Menu

If your kids have email...

how did you set it up??? Particularly if they don't meet the minimum age requirement? It seems I've been locked out of setting one up with one of the .coms because I listed the correct age for my kid instead of listing mine - I put everything under my name and stuff and wanted to connect it to my account, etc.

I don't want to use the family account for him because it has our last name in it. I guess I could create yet another (sigh :glare: ) family account that is more anonymous so that his first and last names couldn't be put together?

This is so annoying. :glare:

I just set up a gmail account for our kids together and did it under my name. My kids are really too young for email, but they both have ipods, so I needed something for itunes. Also, every website in the world asks for an email address and this helps me to separate the junk email I get.

My kids don't check their email regularly, but I do have it linked to my iphone, so I let them know if there is anything they may want to see.

i gave my youngest a joint google mail account. i have the password and i set it up as mine but gave it to him. i did it for khan academy originally, but it does come in handy

i think my home email has the ability to set up subaccounts with different info - you could check out that option

We use zoobuh and really love it. It has great parental control options (you can be sent a copy of every email, OR you can set it to allow emails to go through for people from a whitelist and for the others to go to a queue for approval OR you can have them all go to a queue OR they can all go straight to the kid, etc., etc.) The flexibility is nice and their spam detection is really good.

We have our own domain, so our kids have email addresses under that. We have friends with email addresses and they just use a fake name for the kids. The important bit is to have the kids use an email address that is relatively easy to remember and share and keeping track of the password.

Thing 1 was registering on a couple of different sites to play some games with a friend and while I allowed the sites, I didn't sit with him while he registered. He used a different login name and password on each site and then thought I would psychically know them. :001_huh: He then was introduced to the joys of "resend my login and password" features at some sites and I handed him an index card to make a list if he didn't want to just stick with the same name everywhere.

how did you set it up??? Particularly if they don't meet the minimum age requirement? It seems I've been locked out of setting one up with one of the .coms because I listed the correct age for my kid instead of listing mine - I put everything under my name and stuff and wanted to connect it to my account, etc.

I don't want to use the family account for him because it has our last name in it. I guess I could create yet another (sigh :glare: ) family account that is more anonymous so that his first and last names couldn't be put together?

This is so annoying. :glare:

Have you tried clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser? That can help clearing any previously entered info that may be stored in cookies and should help with the lock down.