Menu

Introducing ourselves

Guest rebbu

We are a CA family with a 3rd Grader at Public School. I have been supplementing his school education in Math and we also do a lot of non-fiction reading as we explore different areas in Science and Geography.

I had never heard of the term Afterschooling until I bumped into this forum ! There is a wealth of information here both from homeschoolers and afterschoolers .

Looking forward to be an active participant here :)

Guest tomzdadster
We are a CA family with a 3rd Grader at Public School. I have been supplementing his school education in Math and we also do a lot of non-fiction reading as we explore different areas in Science and Geography.

I had never heard of the term Afterschooling until I bumped into this forum ! There is a wealth of information here both from homeschoolers and afterschoolers .

Looking forward to be an active participant here :)

We're also in CA, the East Bay of the SF Bay area. My son just entered 4th grade after several years of homeschooling. We were nervous about bullies before going in, so I was surprised today when I heard from my son, "But Dad there aren't any bullies!" Whoda thunk? We obviously have a lot to learn about the school system in general and about our school in particular. I, too, am looking forward to being an active participant.

JoAnne, 32, former PS teacher now "homeschooling" preschooler Mama, but soon to be afterschooling Mama.

My older son will enter K next Fall, if he is admitted to one of two charters wo which we'll be applying. If not... we shall see. We may homeschool K and ride out the waiting lists. My husband is super anti-homeschooling, though, despite the fact that our efforts thus far have served us well.

My younger son is 2, and beginning his early reading lessons through iPad apps, I See Sam books, and Funnix.

My dream is to use classic texts and other resources to create afterschool-minded curricula, or ways to adapt already existing free and cheap curricula. I taught in inner-city Baltimore, and I would have loved to have been able to hand my students' parents materials that they could use to help their kids.