Menu

My husband objects to...

LOL. Funny guy. Tell him dh is firmly entrenched in the on-line world. No changing it now.

You're so much nicer than I am. My sarcastic wit got the better of me.....I told him there was a reason for the resemblance. I couldn't resist. :lol:

being referred to as Dh. He thinks it looks too much like 'Duh'! Anyone else ever had the same thought?

Not me.

I did have a friend whose husband insisted they quit their individual dodomail e-mail accounts because he thought it was offensive to his intellect. He chose a Christian-sounding provider instead.

LOL---I just replied on our local FB swap board about something I am selling, and referred to my husband as dh. I looked at it and realized that lots of people would have no clue what that meant.

I have almost done that many times even in emails. Fortunately I've always caught it....I think.

Wolf needed it clarified when he first saw it.

'Dear Husband' was *not* what he thought it stood for :lol:

:lol:

I don't know if DH has an opinion. I absolutely despise Hubby, Hubs, and Hubster. I just use DH/DD/etc. because they seem pretty standard on 'anonymous" forums...

LOL---I just replied on our local FB swap board about something I am selling, and referred to my husband as dh. I looked at it and realized that lots of people would have no clue what that meant.

Why wouldn't they know what it means? It's pretty standard for any type of communication -- email, message board, etc.

You're so much nicer than I am. My sarcastic wit got the better of me.....I told him there was a reason for the resemblance. I couldn't resist. :lol:

That was my first thought when I read the OP too. :D

I don't think my dh cares, as long as I'm being nice in how I refer to him.

I like you. :D Mine is fully aware of the fact that most days the D stands for Dear, but some it can stand for D@mn, and on a very off day it stands for D(*%head.

No, I never thought of it as "duh," but I just don't like DH in general. Or DS or DD or DSD or DSS... You get the idea.

For some reason, MIL, FIL, SIL, and BIL don't bother me. Huh. I wonder why? I think it's the gratuitous "dear" that's part of DH. I say both words in my head, and it's annoying. Anyway.... (strange head, I know).

No, I never thought of it as "duh," but I just don't like DH in general. Or DS or DD or DSD or DSS... You get the idea.

For some reason, MIL, FIL, SIL, and BIL don't bother me. Huh. I wonder why? I think it's the gratuitous "dear" that's part of DH. I say both words in my head, and it's annoying. Anyway.... (strange head, I know).

You're not strange. Or, I am too. I was very hesitant with all the abbreviations, but decided when in Rome..... and I still say it in my head too..

I like you. :D Mine is fully aware of the fact that most days the D stands for Dear, but some it can stand for D@mn, and on a very off day it stands for D(*%head.

You are giving me ideas for my next bad day!

Read the Babycenter DWIL and FOO board sometime. They refer to dhs who do things like put mommy before wife as Duhs. They speak of DuHs learning to be DHs etc.

Oddly enough I can see where they are coming form. It always creeps me out when Jim Duggar calls his wife Mama. I haven't heard him say it in a while, so maybe he has attained Dh status. :lol:

Tell him it could be much worse. I'm a Josh Groban fan and his fans call their husbands "HOGS". It stands for "husband of Grobanite".:lol:

What interesting world we have online! I just can't get over the HOGS!

That's funny. I've never had that thought, though. Maybe because when I see "dh" I think "dee-aytch" not duh. :tongue_smilie:

:iagree:

:lol::lol: I will probably think of this every time I see "DH" now.